Easy, Keto Low-Carb Broccoli Salad with Bacon is a healthy and creamy recipe loaded with a handful of fresh veggies and sunflower seeds nuts. This summer salad makes the perfect sweet and savory slaw for any occasion. Sour cream or ranch dressing can be substituted for no mayo, and frozen broccoli can be used in place of fresh.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Hello, spring and summer salads! This broccoli salad is often served in my family for summer BBQs and cookouts. Typical broccoli salad is loaded with refined sugar and prepared with either raisins, craisins, or cranberries.
Dried fruit has a lot of carbs. To make this summer salad keto-friendly you can simply omit the dried fruit.
How Many Carbs and Calories are in Keto Broccoli Salad
This recipe has 310 calories per serving and 4 net carbs. You can save some calories in the recipe by reducing mayo or the amount of bacon.
How Many Carbs are in Broccoli
Broccoli is loaded with fiber, so the carb count might look deceiving until you dive into net carbs. One cup of broccoli has 2 net carbs.
How to Make Keto Broccoli Salad
- You will need fresh broccoli, mayo, apple cider vinegar, sweetener, uncured bacon, sunflower seeds, red onions, salt, and pepper.
- Combine in a mixing bowl and stir.
Do You Use Raw Broccoli in Broccoli Salad? Do You Have to Cook Broccoli for Broccoli Salad?
Yes, raw broccoli is used in broccoli salad. The combination of mayo and apple cider vinegar in this recipe will soften the broccoli and add tons of flavor. Chilling the ingredients also assists in the ending texture.
How to Substitute Mayo in this Recipe
Ranch Salad Dressing or sour cream can be used as a substitute for mayo in this recipe.
How to Make Keto Broccoli Salad with Frozen Broccoli
Boil a large pot of water on the stove. Add the broccoli for about 20 seconds. Place the broccoli in ice water to prevent it from continuing to cook.
How to Store Keto Broccoli Salad
Store broccoli salad in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. I do not recommend freezing this dish, as it will not maintain its crunch after defrosting.
Can Keto Broccoli Salad Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, if you plan to serve the dish within 3-4 days of making it.
More Keto Summer Salads Recipes
- 6 cups raw broccoli florets
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen mayo
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels or slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons zero calorie Sweetener, I use Swerve
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled uncured bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Watch the video instructions below.
- Slice the broccoli florets into thin slices.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix well.
- Cover and chill the salad for at least one hour.
- If you prefer a less sweet broccoli salad, start with 1 tablespoon of sweetener. Taste repeatedly and add more as needed. 2 tablespoons of sweetener along with the apple cider vinegar will produce a sweet and savory salad.
- 1 cup of mayo will make this a creamy salad. If you prefer less creamy, start with 1/2 - 3/4 cup of mayo. Add additional mayo as necessary.
- Broccoli salad will last covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- If you freeze broccoli salad it won't be as crisp as when prepared fresh.
- Swerve Sweetener, Granular, 12 Ounce
- Primal Kitchen - Avocado Oil Mayo, Gluten and Dairy Free, Whole30 and Paleo Approved (12 oz)
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 16 Ounce (1 pack)
- Sincerely Nuts Sunflower Seed Kernels Raw (No Shell) (2lb bag) | Delicious Antioxidant Rich Snack | Source of Protein, Fiber, Essential Vitamins & Minerals | Vegan and Gluten Free
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 7
Amount Per ServingCalories 301 Total Fat 31g Carbohydrates 4 netg Protein 4g