I am still on my experimenting kick with the Air Fryer. I feel like I have mastered battered fried chicken wings (be sure to check out my Garlic Parmesan Fried Chicken Wings and Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings recipes), and decided to move over to a fried chicken parmesan recipe.
I have made chicken parmesan a few times before. I have always baked it, opposed to frying it. In restaurants, chicken parm is usually prepared fried. Thanks to the Air Fryer I can do that myself out home and save a ton of the fat.
Stay Snatched recipes are focused on quick and easy. With that in mind, I totally understand if you want to cut out some time for this recipe and use store-bought marinara. There really are some good ones out there, so feel free! I prepared my homemade marinara for this recipe.
You can find the recipe below. It does take about 20 minutes to simmer. I usually start with the marinara and allow it to simmer while I prep the remaining ingredients. You can also get the chicken going in the Air Fryer during this time.
Pin Me 🙂
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Old Bay Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Get your Air Fryer Printable Cooking Charts and Cheat Sheets here! These are great to have on hand for reference. The charts include the cook time for fresh and frozen chicken, beef, seafood and vegetables.
Click Here To Snag Your Printable Air Fryer Cooking Charts
Air Fryer Panko Breaded Chicken Parmesan with Marinara Sauce
- 16 oz skinless chicken breasts sliced in half to make 4 breasts
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/8 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce see below for link to the recipe for homemade
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Get the recipe for marinara sauce here.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400. Spray the basket with cooking spray.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 4 thinner chicken breasts. Place the chicken breasts on a hard surface and pound them to completely flatten.
- Grate the parmesan cheese.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasonings in a bowl large enough to dip the chicken breasts. Stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl large enough to dip the chicken.
- Dip the chicken in the egg whites and then the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place in the Air Fryer. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Cook for 7 minutes. Top each of the breasts with marinara sauce and the shredded mozzarella. Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)