Click here to order now!
I have made chicken parmesan a few times before. I have always baked it, opposed to frying it. In restaurants, chicken parm is usually prepared fried. Thanks to the Air Fryer I can do that myself out home and save a ton of the fat.
Stay Snatched recipes are focused on quick and easy. With that in mind, I totally understand if you want to cut out some time for this recipe and use store-bought marinara. There really are some good ones out there, so feel free! I prepared my Homemade Marinara Sauce for this recipe.
It does take about 20 minutes to simmer. I usually start with the marinara and allow it to simmer while I prep the remaining ingredients. You can also get the chicken going in the Air Fryer during this time.
Air Fryer Panko Breaded Chicken Parmesan with Marinara Sauce
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 4 thinner chicken breasts. Place the chicken breasts on a hard surface and pound them to completely flatten.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl large enough to dip the chicken breasts. Stir to combine.
- Place the egg in a bowl large enough to dip the chicken.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place in the chicken breasts in the air fryer. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking oil.
- Cook for 7 minutes on 370 degrees.
- Open the air fryer. Top each of the breasts with marinara sauce and then the shredded mozzarella.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Every air fryer brand will cook at varying speeds. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- You can substitute any breadcrumbs you wish, including Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Old Bay Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls