These Easy Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes make the perfect side dish for breakfast or dinner! These sliced potatoes are seasoned with garlic, fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper for flavor. This recipe will save you a ton of time by ditching the oven!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Baked potatoes in the air fryer are one of my favorite things to make. Baking in the oven takes so much time! Often about an hour! Using the air fryer will save time and it’s also a healthy option that will cut out a lot of fat.
Spices and Seasoning
You can season these with just about anything, don’t forget the salt. I use russet potatoes in this recipe and they are pretty bland without salt. I also like to add fresh garlic and rosemary.
How to Make Roasted Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Peel and slice the potatoes into even chunks. Try to get the slices close in size. This will help them cook at an even temperature.
- Drizzle olive oil and season the potatoes with fresh rosemary, onion powder, fresh garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- Air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I recommend 400 degrees.
Cook Time/How Long to Cook
Timing will vary based on the air fryer you use and how crispy you like your potatoes. 12-17 minutes is the recommended range.
The potatoes are crispy on the outside with a soft interior.
Do You Have to Soak Them?
No, generally with recipes like fries I soak the potatoes in water to remove excess starch. This helps the potatoes crisp while frying. Since these are designed to have a soft interior, no soaking is necessary.
You can substitute Yukon gold or red potatoes and follow a similar cook time. Watch the potatoes closely for accurate timing.
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
Air Fryer French Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
Air Fryer Baked Potato
Air Fryer Potato Chips
Air Fryer Potato Skins
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
Easy Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season with the garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Add the potatoes to the air fryer basket along with the thyme. Do not overfill the basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- Air fry for 10 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and shake the basket. Air fry for an additional 2-7 minutes until the sweet potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender to touch when pierced with a fork.
- Cool before serving.