This Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash is a quick and easy recipe perfect for breakfast. This dish is served with bold spice and cooked bacon. The potatoes are fried to perfection!
This post is sponsored by Tony Chachere’s. All opinions are my own.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is Sweet Potato Hash?
It is a dish that is similar to hash browns, but instead of shredding the potatoes, you dice them. The dish is often paired with bacon, sausage, or eggs. You can pair with pretty much anything you love to eat for breakfast!
This version is made southern style using a few southern staple vegetables along with Creole Seasoning.
Spices and Seasoning
I’m using Tony Chachere’s seasoning in this recipe. I have been a fan of their store-bought seasoning for YEARS. I use it in my Instant Pot Gumbo, Instant Pot Cabbage, Instant Pot Collard Greens, and other recipes.
It has always been my go-to Creole seasoning because it is packed with flavor. I’m so excited that I recently noticed they have lite and no salt versions now!
Holy Trinity Ingredients
The Holy Trinity of Cajun and Creole cooking is made of onion, celery, and bell pepper. This combo is very common for savory dishes. Paired with the sweetness of a sweet potato, you are going to love all of the flavors of this dish!
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash
- Combine diced sweet potatoes, onions, green pepper, celery, cooked bacon, and garlic in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle Lite Creole Seasoning and paprika throughout.
- Air fry.
- Sprinkle with dried chives.
Air Fryer Temperature
I recommend 400 degrees.
How Long to Cook/Cook Time
Total cook time will range 20-25 minutes.
Reheat the potatoes in the air fryer to keep them crisp. If you use the microwave, it will soften the potatoes. Reheat the hash on 400 degrees for 3-4 minutes until warm.
What to Pair with Sweet Potato Hash
More Air Fryer Sweet Potato Recipes
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash
- 3 medium sweet potatoes Chopped into chunks about 1 inch thick.
- 1/2 cup diced white onions
- 3 slices bacon Cooked and crumbled.
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere Lite Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- Combine the sweet potato chunks, onions, celery,green peppers, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil throughout and then sprinkle the Tony Chachere Lite Creole Seasoning and paprika. Stir and mix well to combine.
- Add the sweet potato mix to the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- Air fry for 10 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and shake the basket. Air fry for an additional 2-7 minutes until the sweet potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender to touch when pierced with a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and dried chives throughout.