Easy Air Fryer Seasoned Potato Wedges is a quick and healthy recipe that uses fresh-cut russet potatoes, Herbes de Provence seasoning, and smoked paprika to produce crispy potato wedges with a soft interior. You can use your Power Air Fryer XL, Nuwave, or any brand for this dish. If you love KFC wedges or homemade French fries, you will love these! You can also use red potatoes or Yukon gold.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Calories: 115 Fat: 3G Net Carbs: 19G Protein: 3G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
If you have ever made my Homemade Air Fryer Fries, Air Fryer Tater Tots or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, then you understand why I needed to throw potato wedges in there, too! These wedges are pretty easy to make. I love to load them up with seasonings! Pair them with an Air Fryer Cheeseburger or Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings!
How To Cook Fresh Cut Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
- First, decide which type of potato you would like to use. I feel russet potatoes work best for potato wedges. Feel free to use what you want.
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes really well. I like to use this veggie wash from Amazon.
- Cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut the potato on the diagonal to make 8-10 wedges per potato. Try to make sure they are about the same thickness and size.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl with hot water for 20-30 minutes. Pat dry.
- Add the olive oil and seasonings. Use tongs to properly coat.
- Air fry for 20-25 minutes.
How Long to Cook Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
I like to cook mine for 25 minutes. I recommend 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
What Temperature Do You Cook Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer?
I like to use 400 degrees.
What Seasoning Do You Use for Air Fryer Potato Wedges?
I love to use Herbes de Provence, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Herbes de Provence are dry herbs that are frequently used in South of France, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano, etc. Check out this article, Inside the Spice Cabinet: Herbes de Provence.
And do not forget the salt and pepper! Russet potatoes are very bland. You really have to doctor them up, which is why salt is key. I prefer to use kosher salt.
How to Cook Sweet Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
You can follow the same instructions for sweet potato wedges.
How to Cook Frozen Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
Frozen wedges will need 25-30 minutes using the same cook time.
Here’s an Easy Aioli Recipe that will pair with the wedges.
Air Fryer Appetizers:
Air Fryer Homemade French Fries
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Air Fryer Onion Rings
Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls
Get a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes here.
Save the recipe on Pinterest here.
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Easy Air Fryer Seasoned Potato Wedges
- Wash and scrub the potatoes really well. Cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut the potato on the diagonal to make 8-10 wedges per potato. Try to make sure they are about the same thickness and size.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl with hot water. This will remove excess starch and help the potatoes crisp. Leave the potatoes in the hot water for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and dry them. I used paper towels.
- Add the potatoes to a large, dry bowl. Drizzle the olive oil throughout and then add the seasonings. Toss with tongs to ensure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil spray. Add the potato wedges to the basket. Do not overcrowd the basket and cook in batches if needed.
- Cook for 12 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and flip the wedges with tongs. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Mine were perfectly crisp around 25 minutes of total cook time.
- Cool before serving.