These Air Fryer Homemade Potato Wedges are roasted and seasoned to perfection with smoked paprika, garlic, and onion powder. Love KFC wedges? You will cut the calories and fat with these without compromising the same great taste.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
This post was originally published in 2019. It has since been updated.
If you have ever made my Homemade Air Fryer Fries, Air Fryer Tater Tots or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, then you understand why I needed to throw potato wedges in there, too! These wedges are pretty easy to make. I love to load them up with seasonings! Pair them with an Air Fryer Cheeseburger or Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings!
What Type of Potatoes to Use
Russet, Yukon gold, or red potatoes will work best. I’m using russet for the recipe. You want to select a potato that’s fluffy, waxy, and has thick skin.
How to Slice the Potatoes
Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Then slice each half in half lengthwise.
Do You Leave the Skin on?
I do and typically for potatoes wedges, the skin is left on. The skin has lots of nutrients, so it’s beneficial. You can remove the skin if you wish.
How to Make Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes really well. I like to use this veggie wash from Amazon.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Then slice each half in half lengthwise.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl with hot water.
- Add the olive oil and seasonings. Use tongs to properly coat.
- Air fry.
Do You Have to Soak the Potatoes?
I recommend if you want super crisp edges. It will remove the excess starch from the potatoes and allow them to crisp up well. They will still have a soft interior. You can make them without soaking and they will be slightly crisp with a soft interior.
How Long to Cook/Cook Time
I like to cook mine for 15-20 minutes.
Air Fryer Temperature
I like to use 400 degrees.
Other Ways to Season the Potatoes
And do not forget the salt and pepper! Potatoes are very bland. You really have to doctor them up, which is why salt is key. I prefer to use kosher salt.
How to Cook Sweet Potato Wedges
You can follow the same instructions for sweet potato wedges.
How to Cook from Frozen
Frozen wedges will need 25-30 minutes using the same cook time.
How to Reheat
The best way to reheat them is using the air fryer. I like to use 350 degrees until they are warm. If you use the microwave they will get soggy.
Pair With These Recipes
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Homemade French Fries
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Air Fryer Onion Rings
Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls
Air Fryer Potato Skins
Get a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes here.
Save the recipe on Pinterest here.
Easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Wash and scrub the potatoes really well. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Then slice each half in half lengthwise.Try to make sure they are about the same thickness and size. If they aren't similar in size, the smaller ones will cook faster than the others.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl with hot water. This will remove excess starch and help the potatoes crisp. Leave the potatoes in the hot water for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and dry them.
- Add the potatoes to a large, dry bowl. Drizzle the olive oil throughout and then add the seasonings. Toss to ensure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add the potato wedges to the basket. Do not overcrowd the basket and cook in batches if needed.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on 400 degrees, flipping halfway through. Keep a close watch and cook the wedges until they have reach your desired level of crisp.
- Cool before serving.