These Easy Air Fryer Turkey Legs are seasoned and roasted to perfection with crispy skin. Serve these for weeknight dinners or as main dish for the holidays and Thanksgiving!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Where to Buy Turkey Legs
Some standard grocers will keep brands like Butterball and Jenni-O on hand year-round. Many retailers only carry them seasonally around fall. A local butcher is usually really helpful.
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Legs
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Pat the drumsticks dry and rub both sides with olive oil and spices.
- Place the legs in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I use 370 degrees.
Cook Time/How Long to Cook
Cook the drumsticks for about 35 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer.
How to Tell When Turkey is Done
You will need to use a meat thermometer. Insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of one the turkey legs. According to the USDA, Poultry must be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How Do You Keep them From Drying Out
The air fryer works wonderfully to prevent dry turkey. The inside meat is so moist. The skin will be juicy and crispy thanks to the olive oil.
Can You Use Chicken Wings?
Check out my Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe.
More Ideas on How to Season Them
- Homemade BBQ Seasoning and Rub
- Homemade Blackened Seasoning
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
How to Store Them
Cooked turkey legs can be stored in the fridge tightly covered for 3-4 days.
You can freeze leftover drumsticks tightly covered and sealed. For best taste, they will last up to 3 months. Defrost the legs overnight in the fridge and reheat.
What to Pair with the Dish
Air Fryer French Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Roasted Ranch Potatoes
Air Fryer Onion Rings
Air Fryer Crab Legs
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Air Fryer Brats
Air Fryer Steak
Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar
More Turkey Recipes
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Baked Turkey Legs
Traeger Smoked Turkey
Air Fryer Turkey Wings
Cajun Spiced Roasted Turkey
Leftover Turkey Chili
Leftover Turkey Nachos
Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Turkey Bone Broth Recipe
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Slow Cooker Turkey Legs
Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- 2-3 pounds turkey legs Mine weighed about 3/4 of a pound each for a total of 4 turkey legs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Creole Seasoned Wings (Option 1)
- Pat the turkey legs dry and rub both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle the spices throughout. Rub the spices into both sides of the legs. Ensure the spices completely cover both sides of the drumsticks. Add more spices if necessary.
- Place the turkey legs in the air fryer basket. Do not stack, Cook in batches if necessary.
- Air fry on 370 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and flip the drumsticks. Air fry for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the internal temperature (at the thickest part of the wing) has reached 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer. Also air fry until the wings have reached your desired level of crisp. Add additional time if necessary.
- Cool before serving.
- I provided my 2 favorite ways to season these wings. Pick a method or you can also use your favorite store-bought chicken or poultry rub.
- Cook time will vary based on the air fryer brand and model you use. Always cook turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer.
- If your legs don’t fit your basket, cook in batches and do not stack. 4 turkey legs fit easily in my 5.8-quart air fryer.