Easy Air Fryer Croutons is a quick recipe that will show you how to make your own homemade salad topper using a sourdough baguette or Ezekiel bread for a healthy option. Coat your bread with olive oil, garlic, and seasonings and you’re ready to fry!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Have you ever had the croutons at Cracker Barrel? They are absolutely out of this world! They even sell them at take out! This recipe with sourdough bread is a close comparison.
What Type of Bread to Use
When using sourdough bread, stale bread will work best. I rarely just have sourdough bread on hand, but if you do and have leftovers, then make croutons!
I got a loaf of sourdough and kept it sealed at room temperature for a couple of days and then used it to make croutons.
If you are looking for a flourless bread, clean eating option that is also healthier, Ezekiel bread works great. You can use whole grain bread, too. I found that both fresh or stale sandwich bread will work fine.
How to Make Croutons in an Air Fryer
- Decide which type of bread you would like to use to make the croutons. Sourdough bread is the most popular. Ezekiel bread is a healthy option, or you can use sandwich bread.
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil and seasonings.
- Air fry.
How Long Do You Fry the Croutons?
Fry the croutons for 5 minutes. Open up the air fryer and shake the basket. Fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Air Fryer Temperature
I recommend 370 degrees.
How to Store the Croutons
Store the croutons in sealable plastic bags or in airtight containers.
How Long Will the Croutons Last
The croutons will last at room temperature for 3 days.
They will last in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
They will last for several weeks in the freezer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Easy Air Fryer Croutons
Sourdough Baguette Croutons
- 2 cups sliced sourdough bread, I used about 3/4th of a loaf Sliced into 1/2 inch cubes. Any size you prefer is fine, I often slice mine into 1 inch cubes. Stale leftover bread works great.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Everything But the Bagel Seasoning or your favorite seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Ezekiel Bread or Sandwich Bread Croutons
- If you are using a sourdough bread loaf, you will want to use a serrated bread knife to slice the bread.
- Drizzle or spray the sliced bread with olive oil. Season with the seasonings. If you find that seasonings aren't sticking try a little more oil.
- Place the sliced bread on the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 5 minutes on 370 degrees. Open and flip/shake the croutons.
- Air fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.