Super Easy Air Fryer BBQ Beef Meatballs is a quick recipe prepared with homemade BBQ sauce and almond meal and with no pork rinds. This post includes the cooking time and instructions for how long to cook and what temperature to prepare meatballs using the Nuwave, Power Air Fryer or any brand. Serve these meatballs for parties, gather, Superbowl parties and more!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Serving size = 2 meatballs Calories: 336 Fat: 26G Net Carbs: 3G Protein: 21G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
How Long Do You Air Fry Meatballs? How Long Do I Cook Meatballs in the Air Fryer?
I let my meatballs cook for about 13-15 minutes. The key is to use a Meat Thermometer. The meatballs are ready when the internal temperature reachs 165 degrees F. Check out this post for a great Meat Temperature Guide.
How Do You Make Fried Meatballs? How Do You Make Keto Low-Carb Meatballs?
Combine onions, garlic, shredded cheese, egg, almond meal, and seasonings in large bowl. Use clean hands and combine the ingredients and form one large ball. Use a spoon to form about 10 smaller meatballs.
Load the meatballs into the air fryer and cook on 360 degrees.
Remove the meatballs from the air fryer and drizzle them in BBQ sauce.
Are Meatballs Ok on Keto? Are Meatballs Bad For You?
Meatballs are great for keto. Ground beef and ground chuck have very little carbs. You can drizzle the meatballs in Keto Low Carb BBQ Sauce or you can also check out my Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs recipe.
Can You Make Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs?
Yes! I used Almond Meal in this recipe to ditch the carbs in breadcrumbs.
What’s the Difference Between Almond Flour and Almond Meal?
Almond flour is made from blanched almonds and typically have the skins removed and is ground more finely than almond meal. It’s commonly used in baked goods and bread recipes.
Almond meal typically still contains the skins and is more coarse. Almond meal works better for recipes that require breading. You can use almond flour in this recipe, but the results will differ. You can read more about The Differences Between Almond Flour and Almond Meal here.
How Many Calories Are in 2 Homemade Meatballs?
2 meatballs have 336 calories.
Looking for more keto recipes? Check out my listing of The Best Air Fryer Keto Dinner Recipes.
These Air Fryer Liners work wonderfully for this meatball recipe. They are also great for burgers and steaks.
Super Easy Air Fryer BBQ Beef Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chuck beef You can also use standard ground beef
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Grill Mates Steak Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sugar-free BBQ Sauce
Homemade Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce
- Get the recipe for Homemade Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce here.
- Using clean hands, combine the ingredients and form one large ball.
- Use a spoon and form 10 smaller meatballs. You can sit them on parchment paper to avoid contamination.
- Load the meatballs into the air fryer. It's ok to stack them. I chose to cook them in batches instead. Optional: Line the air fryer with air fryer liners to prevent sticking. You can also spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Cook the meatballs for 8 minutes on 365 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and flip the meatballs.
- Cook for an additional 5-8 minutes until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the meatballs from the air fryer and drizzle in BBQ sauce.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)