Quick and Easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs (Fresh or Frozen) is the best recipe to illustrate how to cook hot dogs in the air fryer. Load these up with your favorite toppings like relish, mustard, cheese, or whatever you wish.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Can you cook hot dogs in the air fryer? Absolutely! I make these similar to my Air Fryer Sausage. Air frying hot dogs is painless and will likely become your go-to method from here on out!
What’s the best way to cook hot dogs? Some argue the grill, which I still love, but the air fryer works great, too. I love that you can serve the air fried dogs with toasted buns, using just the air fryer.
What Type of Hot Dogs to Use
I recommend uncured, nitrate-free beef dogs. Regular hot dogs are cured which means they are loaded with preservatives, processed chemicals, and nitrates which can be harmful for the body.
How to Cook and Make Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
How to preheat your air fryer and if preheating is necessary will depend on the air fryer brand and model you use. Always consult the manual to determine if preheating is required.
- Cut slits/score the top of each hot dog.
- Place the hot dogs in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry.
How Long to Cook
Cook the hot dogs for 5 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3 minutes.
Air Fryer Temperature
I use 380 degrees.
How to Cook Frozen Hot Dogs
You should definitely cut slits into the top of the hot dogs if cooking from frozen. This will help prevent them from exploding.
Air fry for 5 minutes on 380 degrees. Open the air fryer and flip the hot dogs and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until your liking.
Hot Dog Toppings
- Buffalo Sauce
More Air Fryer Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Quick and Easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs (Fresh or Frozen)
- 4 hot dogs I use uncured, nitrate-free beef dogs.
- 4 hot dog buns
- Line the hot dogs on a cutting board and score each using a knife. Cut slits into the top of each hot dog. The common method is to slice them at a diagonal. I prefer horizontal, your preference.This is optional and will keep the hot dog from shriveling in some areas and will give more room for air to circulate. You can also make them look nice.
- Place the hot dogs in the air fryer. Air fry for 5 minutes on 380 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and place the hot dogs in buns and place the buns in the air fryer.
- Air fry for an additional 3 minutes.