Easy Keto Low-Carb Instant Pot Garlic Creamed Spinach is the best quick recipe using frozen, chopped spinach, cream cheese, and sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt). This 5-minute recipe makes the perfect side dish for weeknight dinners or even holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Calories: 305 Fat: 23G Net Carbs: 5G Protein: 16G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
I typically order creamed spinach as a side dish when I am dining out at “fancy” steakhouses. I have even seen Martha Stewart’s recipe for Creamed Spinach. I have been making my own for years and it’s time I tried it out in my Instant Pot to save time.
How Do You Make The Best Creamed Spinach? How Do You Make Creamed Spinach From Scratch?
The best creamed spinach uses frozen or fresh spinach, garlic, onions, cream cheese, sour cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Top it with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Saute your garlic and onions first. Then add all of the ingredients (except the cheese to the Instant Pot). When the spinach has finished cooking stir in the cheese.
Is Creamed Spinach Healthy For You?
This recipe is low in carbs and is great for keto, low-carb, and sugar free lifestyles.
Can You Make Creamed Spinach with Sour Cream?
Absolutely! In fact, I use it in this recipe! You can also substitute plain Greek yogurt.
How Do You Make Creamed Spinach Without Cream?
This recipe does not use any cream or milk, but I do use cream cheese and parmesan. If you are looking for dairy-free, you may not want creamed spinach or you can use dairy-free alternatives for those ingredients.
How Do You Make German Creamed Spinach?
You can also pair this with my Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole.
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Easy Keto Low-Carb Instant Pot Garlic Creamed Spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz frozen chopped spinach I prefer to use the frozen spinach that comes in a bag instead of the boxed frozen spinach.
- 1/2 cup broth I used chicken broth
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Note: I prefer to use frozen chopped spinach that comes in a bag because it isn't frozen in a block like the frozen spinach that comes in a box. If you use block frozen spinach, I recommend you defrost and drain the water first. If you don't, the recipe will likely turn out soupy because of the excess water.You can also use an equal amount of fresh spinach if you wish. The cook time will remain the same.
- Place the Instant Pot on the saute function.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and onions to the pot.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions become fragrant and translucent.
- Add the frozen chopped spinach, cream cheese, chicken broth, and sour cream (or Greek yogurt) to the pot.
- Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
- When the pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam.
- Open the lid and add the parmesan cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese has melted.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
Today I’m excited to be joining a group of bloggers who are also sharing a fabulous fall recipe with you today! Hop around to see what other delicious ideas they’ve come up with…
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake by TIDBITS
Instant Pot Ham by The Typical Mom
Instant Pot Creamed Spinach by Stay Snatched
Instant Pot Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Bread by Herbivore Cucina
Instant Pot Eggnog Stuffed French Toast by Devour Dinner
Instant Pot Bacon & Herb Scalloped Potatoes by Sweet N Sassy Eats
Pressure Cooker Cranberry Baked French Toast by Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot Peanut Clusters by Cooking with Karli
Creamy Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole by Instant Pot Eats
Instant Pot Applesauce by The Butter Half
Instant Pot Cornmeal Dumplings by Enhance Your Palate
Instant Pot Cranberry Meatballs by Life Made Simple
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip by Happy Healthy Mama
Instant Pot Maple Mustard Turkey Breast by Greens & Chocolate
Instant Pot Garlic & Herb Carrots by Piping Pot Curry
Delightfully Delicious Deviled Eggs by My Imperfect Kitchen
Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Pecan Rice Pilaf by 365 Days of Slow Cooking and Pressure Cooking
Instant Pot White Chocolate Creme Brulee with Candy Cane Sugar Shell by Instant Pot Cooking
Instant Pot Whole Tandoori Chicken by Ministry of Curry
Instant Pot Caramelized Bacon Green Beans by Jenuine Home/Instant Pot Creations