Instant Pot spaghetti squash chicken alfredo is the first dish I tried out with my new Instant Pot. I have been wanting to purchase an Instant Pot forever! Realistically, forever really means about 6 months. I finally purchased one and I’m so glad I did. Let’s start with what an Instant Pot is. It is a multi-cooker that does the job of a slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté/browning pan, and warming pot. It’s a single appliance that does the job of seven different kitchen appliances or tools.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Instant Pot website says you can reduce your cooking time by 70% because of the following:
- 12 pre-programmed operation buttons (Rice, Multigrain rice, Congee/Porridge, Sauté/Browning, Soup, Poultry, Meat & Stew, Beans & Chili, Steaming and Slow Cook, Keep warm, and Yogurt).
- The pre-programmed buttons automate the cooking process. No more standing around watching and waiting for meals to cook.
- You can delay cooking (up to 24 hours) to plan ahead of time. You can use all of the pre-programmed operations, with the exception of saute’ and yogurt.
I chose this recipe because I was originally introduced to the Instant Pot via a blog post I read about how to cook spaghetti squash quickly. I love spaghetti squash. It is a wonderful alternative to produce low-carb dishes. Spaghetti squash can be INTIMIDATING. It reminds of the anxiety I get slicing whole pineapple! Tastes so good, but is it worth all of the work? The better question is does it really require a ton of work, or am I psyching myself out here? Nonetheless, I have an Instant Pot now, which should make the process painless.
Preparing spaghetti squash in the oven typically takes me 45 minutes. It took me 7 minutes in the Instant Pot!
It took 4 minutes in the pot to get these results.
I wouldn’t describe the taste of spaghetti squash as a true pasta substitute. I do not view most veggie pasta (zucchini noodles, sweet potato noodles, etc.) alternatives in that way. For me, this is a delicious way to enjoy a standard pasta dish, without all of the carbs, and it still tastes GOOD.
Instant Pot Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Pin this recipe for later here.
More Keto Alfredo Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Keto Low-Carb Recipes.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 16 oz skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, crosswise (not the long way).
- Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pot. Place the spaghetti squash halves in the instant pot, with the cut sides facing up.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- After the 7 minutes, quick release the valve at the top of the pressure cooker to lower the pressure.
- Remove the lid and the squash. Poke the squash to ensure it’s tender. Shred the squash with a fork to create “spaghetti.”
- Pour out the excess water from the Instant Pot. Turn the pot on the saute’ function.
- Season the chicken breast cubes with the seasonings.
- Add the olive oil to the pot. When the oil is warm add the chicken.
- Saute’ both sides of the chicken until brown and cooked. (about 3-4 minutes each side) Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Deglaze the pot by adding the chicken broth. Scrub the brown bits from the chicken from the bottom of the pot. The brown spots and bits from the chicken are packed with flavor. You want to keep this!
- Add the almond milk, whipping cream, cream cheese, and butter to the pot. Stir until combined.
- Stir in the broccoli and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the broccoli is soft and the sauce begins to thicken. Add the flour to the pot and stir. This will thicken the sauce. (If you would like a thicker sauce, add an additional tablespoon of flour. This adds an additional 5 calories and 1G of carbs per serving).
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Mix well to combine.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve the chicken and cream sauce over the spaghetti squash.