This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Rigatoni Pasta with Bacon is the perfect skinny, guilt-free recipe. It has all of the components of buffalo wings and/or buffalo chicken dip with a lot fewer calories, fat, and carbs. My Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe continues to be one of the most popular recipes on my site. Why stop at dip? Buffalo Chicken Pasta is the next step. It is the perfect comfort dish.
Calories: 437 Fat: 15G Net Carbs: 26G Protein: 44G
Here is a shot of the pasta prior to baking. I LOVE the results! Baking, gives the dish a crunchy, cheesy topping, with warm, creamy buffalo sauce inside.
The key to keeping the macro count low here is PORTION control! 7 ounces of pasta is plenty for 5-6 servings, especially if you load up on protein and the appropriate ingredients to the keep the pasta from drying out. The cream cheese and plain, non-fat Greek yogurt do a great job here. I use these ingredients in a lot of my dishes. Cream cheese and Greek yogurt add so much creaminess! They are also super macro-friendly.
I saved time using the Instant Pot. Shredded chicken with the slow-cooker takes 4-6 hours on High or 8-10 hours on Low. Shredded chicken takes 10 minutes with the Instant Pot. After shredding the chicken, I placed the remaining ingredients (with the exception of the shredded cheese, bacon, and green onions) into the Instant Pot for 4 minutes on Manual/High. So now we are at about 15 minutes of cook time.
After the 4 minutes and a quick release of steam, I placed the mixture in a baking dish. Next, I sprinkled the shredded cheese, bacon, and green onions throughout. I popped it in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese became bubbly. The dish ended up taking 20 minutes of cook time! I love to cook, but a lot of times, I do not have hours and hours to spend in the kitchen. I still need healthy meals on my table!
Improvising and experimenting with the Instant Pot has been so much fun! Stay tuned for my next dish.
Pin me! 🙂
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Low-Carb Banana Nut Bread
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Rigatoni Pasta with Bacon
- 16 oz skinless chicken breasts
- 7 oz rigatoni pasta
- 4 low-sodium low-fat slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot with the chicken broth.
- Put the lid on the pot and adjust the settings to the Meat Setting. 10 minutes should be the default. Leave it at 10 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release steam on its own without quick release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Using two knives or a knife and fork, shred the chicken. Set aside. Leave the remaining chicken broth in the pot. Most of the broth should have evaporated, and only a little should remain. If you have a nice sized amount left, drain some so the sauce is not soupy.
- Mix the buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt in a medium-sized bowl. Add the chicken and stir.
- Add the water, almond milk, and pasta to the pot. Stir.
- Top with the chicken mixture. DO NOT stir.
- Close the lid and place the pot on Manual/High for 4 minutes.
- Quick release the steam.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Add the mixture to the pan. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onions throughout.
- Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese bubbles. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.