Low-Carb Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles and Parmesan is just on time because I am so in love with my Shrimp Scampi Dip recipe. I decided to turn it into a healthy shrimp scampi zucchini noodles dish. Zucchini noodles are a great way to put together a low-carb dish that still packs a lot of flavor. I had the majority of the ingredients left over from when I made the dip. I purchased the zucchini and whipped up a great substitute.
Calories: 233 Fat: 12G Net Carbs: 4G Protein: 30G
Zucchini noodles can be a great substitute to save carbs in pasta dishes. They are low-carb and great for keto and paleo diets. However, zucchini noodles do not have the same texture as pasta. I get this question a lot. The answer is no, but I do find it to be a very tasty substitute.
Low Carb Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles and Parmesan
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 zucchini spiralized
- 1/3 cup parmagiano reggiano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 - 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth to substitute
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning salt, and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until the butter is melted.
- Season the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp, cook for 2-3 minutes, flip to cook the other side.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the white wine, broth, and lemon juice to the pan, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cook until soft for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and parsley, stir and toss.