This healthy cilantro lime chicken dish is far from boring and a great way to jazz up your typical meal prep options. The white wine, garlic, and chicken broth combination provide amazing, mouth-watering flavor.
If you’re like me and feel the sauce on a dish is always the best part, you can add a little more chicken broth than the recipe calls for and/or unsweetened almond milk. This will provide more sauce without altering the macros too much.
Calories: 269 Fat: 11.6G Carbs: 6G Protein: 27G
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 fresh limes juice of
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 cups of cilantro
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 teaspoon chili powder s, add to the spice rub ingredients above
- 1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper s, add to the spice rub ingredients above
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes sprinkle over the mixture when adding the wet ingredients
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the spice rub ingredients in a small bowl. Season the chicken breasts with spices.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Brown the chicken, allowing it to cook a few minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Lower the heat (medium, low) on the skillet and add the white wine. Allow it to cook for one minute, then add the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream.
- Simmer, then add the lime juice (fresh squeezed) and garlic.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet with cilantro.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Cover the skillet and transfer to the oven. Allow to cook for 45 minutes, or until the chicken appears tender.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)