This healthy cilantro lime chicken dish is far from boring and a great way to jazz up your typical meal prep options. The white wine, garlic, and chicken broth combination provide amazing, mouth-watering flavor.
If you’re like me and feel the sauce on a dish is always the best part, you can add a little more chicken broth than the recipe calls for and/or unsweetened almond milk. This will provide more sauce without altering the macros too much.
Calories: 269 Fat: 11.6G Carbs: 6G Protein: 27G
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Healthy cilantro lime chicken is a quick and easy recipe with crisp chicken in a creamy flavorful cilantro lime sauce.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 fresh limes juice of
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 cups of cilantro
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tablespoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- ½ tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 teaspoon chili powder s, add to the spice rub ingredients above
- 1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper s, add to the spice rub ingredients above
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes sprinkle over the mixture when adding the wet ingredients
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix the spice rub ingredients in a small bowl. Season the chicken breasts with spices.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Brown the chicken, allowing it to cook a few minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
Lower the heat (medium, low) on the skillet and add the white wine. Allow it to cook for one minute, then add the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream.
Simmer, then add the lime juice (fresh squeezed) and garlic.
Add the chicken back to the skillet with cilantro.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Cover the skillet and transfer to the oven. Allow to cook for 45 minutes, or until the chicken appears tender.