Jalapeno Bacon Cream Cheese Popper Hasselback Stuffed Chicken (Keto Low-Carb) is a quick and easy, healthy recipe with baked chicken breasts smothered in bacon and cheddar cheese. This recipe has amazing nutrition facts with only 291 calories and 3 net carbs per serving. You can even load up on the filling and create an amazing casserole or dip!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
I first made this recipe years ago. I’ve since updated the recipe and I have totally fallen back in love with it! This dish is perfect for meal prep! Be sure to pair it with my favorite side dishes noted below.
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cheese and Bacon
- Combine cream cheese, crumbled bacon, chopped jalapenos, shredded cheese, fresh lime, and green onions in a bowl. Stir.
- Slice into the chicken. For hasselback stuffed chicken you will make several horizontal slits into the chicken breast. Cut about ⅔ of the way through the breast and careful not to slice completely through the breast. You can also make a side pocket cut on the side and stuff the chicken that way. That method is illustrated in my Keto Spinach Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe.
- Stuff the cream cheese mixture into each of the slits.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken and add shredded cheddar to the top of the breast. Bake until the cheese has melted.
How Many Carbs
This recipe has 3 net carbs per serving.
How Many Calories
There are 291 calories per serving in this hasselback chicken. The recipe calls for 2 chicken breasts, about 1 ½ pounds total. One serving is ½ of 1 chicken breast.
What Temperature To Bake
I like to bake the chicken on 400 degrees. Use a meat thermometer because the cook time will vary based on the size and weight of the chicken breasts. You should cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
What to Serve With the Chicken
How to Store the Dish
I like to store the chicken in glass Tupperware in the fridge for up to 4 days. I love to meal prep and cook my meals in advance. Chicken can dry out, as you may already know. To keep the chicken juicy and moist, I squeeze fresh lime onto the chicken each day when I reheat it.
Jalapeno Bacon Cream Cheese Popper Hasselback Stuffed Chicken (Keto Low-Carb)
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 3 slices cooked and crumbled bacon I used 2 slices of bacon in the filling for the chicken and I used 1 slice to garnish the chicken when it finished cooking.
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/4 cup used to stuff the chicken, and 1/4 cup used to sprinkle over the top of the chicken
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onions finely chopped
- ½ – 1 whole jalapeno chopped, The more jalapeno you use, the spicier the dish. 1/2 jalapeno is very mild.
- McCormick’s Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften. Combine cream cheese, crumbled bacon, chopped jalapenos, mozzarella, 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar, fresh lime, and green onions in a bowl. Stir.
- Season one side of each chicken breast with the chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste and then flip both breasts over.
- Slice into the chicken. For hasselback stuffed chicken you will make several horizontal slits into the chicken breast. Cut about ⅔ of the way through the breast and careful not to slice completely through the breast.
- Stuff the cream cheese mixture into each of the slits. Season the top of the chicken breasts with the chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until it reaches a temperature of about 140 degrees. Use a meat thermometer. The chicken is not done yet. At this time, you will add the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle it on top of both chicken breasts.
- Return the chicken to the oven. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Feel free to garnish with crumbled bacon and jalapenos.