Easy, Low-Carb Keto Spinach Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken is a quick and healthy dinner recipe loaded with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cheddar, and mozzarella. You can use fresh or frozen spinach. This dish has only 1 net carb per serving making it perfect for ketosis and the keto diet! Looking for a little extra pizzaz? Add bacon!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This post was originally produced in November 2016. It has since been updated.
Calories: 320 Fat: 18G Net Carbs: 1G Protein: 40G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
Net Carbs = Total Carbs – Dietary Fiber – Sugar Alcohols like Xylitol and Erythritol. Check out this post on How to Calculate Net Carbs for more information.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
I am all about taking a boring chicken breast to a higher level. This recipe may look intimidating to some, but it isn’t. When I first got into cooking, the idea of stuffing food was foreign. I had never done it, and frankly, it sounded difficult.
How Long Do You Cook a Stuffed Chicken Breast on 350 and 400?
Chicken should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How Do You Make Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken? How Do You Cook Stuffed Chicken with Spinach?
Use cream cheese that is at room temperature. You can also use the microwave to soften. Slice the fresh spinach into smaller shredded bits. You can also use frozen spinach. If you use frozen spinach, ensure it is thawed and drained. Combine the spinach, cream cheese, and shredded cheese in a bowl.
Cut pockets into the chicken breasts.
Stuff the pockets with the cream cheese spinach mixture.
How Long Do You Bake Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
Chicken should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Learn more about The Right Internal Temperature For Chicken here.
How Do I Bake a Stuffed Chicken Breast?
How Long Do You Cook a 3lb Stuffed Chicken?
A whole chicken will take about an hour and a half. You should still use a meat thermometer to assess. You can learn more about How to Cook a Stuffed Whole Chicken here.
Hasselback Chicken Cutting Method
Instead of creating one pocket in each chicken breast, you can also create slits on top of the breasts and stuff them and create Hasselback Chicken.
I took two rinsed chicken breasts and cut slits along the top. You have to be sure you don’t completely cut through the other side of the breast. Once you make your first slit you should have a good idea of how deep you will need to cut.
From there, I used a spoon to add the cream cheese, spinach, and cheese mixture to each of the slits. Once this is complete, seasoning the breast is key. Your chicken will have flavor with the cheeses and spinach, but it will come out very bland without seasoning.
The Cure For the Keto Flu is Bone Broth and MCT Oil
The keto lifestyle can sometimes cause me to get dizzy and have brain fog. It can be really hard to focus. Each night before bed I like to drink bone broth. Kettle and Fire is my favorite brand. They have beef and chicken flavors. I add a little liquid aminos and hot sauce for flavor. You can sip it from a mug or eat it like a miso soup in a bowl.
I add 1 tablespoon of MCT oil to my coffee in the morning. This helps add additional fat to support keto macros and also helps with keto flu.WATCH THE VIDEO!
Easy Low-Carb Keto Spinach Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 2 skinless chicken breasts mine weighed 25oz total
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped into bits You can use frozen if preferred. Be sure to thaw and drain the spinach first.
- 2 oz cream cheese (softened at room temp) You can also microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded. I like to purchase block cheese and grate myself. It melts a lot better than pre-shredded.
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded. I like to purchase block cheese and grate myself. It melts a lot better than pre-shredded.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Watch the video above for visual instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- There are two ways you can slice and stuff the chicken. You can make a large slice in the chicken breasts (go for the side of the chicken breast that is thicker) horizontally to create a pocket without cutting through the breast.
- There is also the hasselback method where you make multiple cuts/slices into the top of each of the chicken breasts, without cutting through the entire breast.
- Combine the shredded spinach, cream cheese, and shredded cheese in a bowl. Stir and stuff the spinach and cheese mixture into the chicken.
- Season the chicken with McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, Kosher salt, and pepper. Top with paprika over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the thickest part of each chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Timing will vary based on how thick your chicken breast is. Use a meat thermometer.
- Cut each breast in half and serve.
Snag your 14 Day Keto Meal Plan here.