Easy, Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is a quick keto and low carb recipe that pairs wonderfully with Mexican dishes, tacos, salads, and taco bowls. Pair this alongside ground beef, avocados, and shredded cheese. This post illustrates how to make riced cauliflower and is the perfect substitute for Chipotle!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Calories: 23 Fat: 0G Net Carbs: 4G Protein: 2G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (Riced Cauliflower)
- Wash and dry a head of cauliflower.
- You can use either a cheese grater or food processor to create the “rice.” If using a cheese grater, use the medium sized holes of a grater. If using a food processor be sure not to over-pulse.
- Add the rice to a skillet with fresh squeezed lime, cilantro, and seasonings.
- Saute the rice in a skillet on medium heat.
How Long Does Cauliflower Rice Last?
Cauliflower rice can be stored sealed in the fridge for up to for days. See below for freezing tips.
Can You Buy Cauliflower Rice?
Yes! My favorite frozen cauliflower rice is the Trader Joe’s Brand and Green Giant. Look for the Green Giant that does not have any additives or flavor and is just cauliflower rice.
Can You Freeze Cauliflower Rice?
Yes, you can freeze cauliflower rice. I recommend using Ziploc bags and adding a date to the rice. You can freeze it for up to a 6 months. Since I used frozen cauliflower rice in this recipe, the steps to prepare it frozen will remain the same. Check out more tips on How to Freeze Cauliflower Rice here.
How Many Carbs Are in Cauliflower Rice?
This recipe has 3-4 net carbs per serving.
Watch the video!
Easy, Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen riced cauliflower or 1 head of fresh cauliflower
- 1-2 tablespoons lime, juice of Start with one tablespoon of lime and taste repeatedly. Add additional lime as necessary. I like for mine to have a lot of lime flavor and I used half a lime.
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Your Own Riced Cauliflower
- Chop the fresh cauliflower into florets.
- You can create rice by grating it with a cheese grater or by placing it in a food processor until the texture resembles rice (do not over-pulse)
Prepare Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Add the olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Stir in the riced cauliflower, lime, seasonings, and cilantro.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until the cauliflower is crisp.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
Easy, Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is a quick keto recipe that will show you how to make cilantro lime cauliflower rice using fresh or frozen cauliflower.