Low-Carb Keto Bacon Mushroom Chicken in Cream Sauce with Thyme is a savory low-carb dish that is quick and easy to make and perfect for weeknight dinners. This dish is drizzled with decadent cream sauce and only has 2 grams of net carbs per serving!
This bacon mushroom chicken in cream sauce recipe makes a wonderful meal prep option. Who wants to meal prep the same, boring chicken breast week after week? I certainly do not. This is the perfect way to jazz up your standard chicken breasts and is low in carbs!
Calories: 278 Fat: 17G Net Carbs: 2G Protein: 28G
When I cook food in advance for the week I usually try to stick with chicken dishes that are paired with a cream sauce, stuffed with yummy ingredients, or includes a separate salsa type topping. This helps to keep the leftover chicken from drying out.
Cream sauces work great. I often find that when I reheat a dish with a cream sauce, it tastes better than it did the first day.
You could substitute nitrate-free bacon for turkey bacon. You would save 15 calories and 1 gram of fat per serving. One serving = 4 ounces of chicken with cream sauce and bacon. For me, this trade-off is negligible. I am often asked why I do not use turkey bacon. This is why!
Pin me! 🙂
Looking for a breakfast option? Try my Low Carb Keto Bacon, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole.
3 grams of net carbs per serving
You may also like my Keto Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms!
6 net carbs per serving
Check out Keto Tuscan Garlic Chicken Thighs!
Pin this recipe for later here.
Low-Carb Bacon Mushroom Chicken in Cream Sauce with Thyme
- 16 oz chicken breasts (4 breasts)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 6 slices Trader Joe’s Uncured Nitrate Free Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp flour optional or could also use keto-friendly flour
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with the seasonings.
- Add one tablespoon of the oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pan sear each side of the chicken for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet and saute until soft.
- Add the butter to a saucepan. Stir and allow it to melt. When melted add the flour and stir until fully combined.
- Add the almond milk and heavy cream and stir.
- Add the cream sauce to the skillet with the bacon and thyme. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat for another minute.
- Allow to cool before serving.