Easy, Keto Low-Carb PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Video is a quick copycat recipe that is healthy and low in calories. This tutorial outlines what lettuce is best for wraps and how to make the wraps. This dish is drizzled in decadent peanut butter sauce that has fewer calories and carbs than the PF Chang’s version.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Let this 21 Day Fall and Winter Meal Plan do all of the heavy lifting for you! It includes: Recipes: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks, Grocery List (itemized and weekly), Grocery Budget Spreadsheet, Trader Joe’s and Costco Grocery List, Vegetable Freezing Chart, Ice Cream Recipes, What to Order at Fast Food Restaurants, Low Carb Keto Lifestyle Background, how ketosis works, and how to stay in ketosis, Low Carb Dining Out Guide (what to order), and a Low Carb Travel Guide (how to travel and stay low carb).
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay shipping. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
PF Chang’s is a restaurant 18 year-old me considered fancy. I loved going! I would order the lettuce wraps for an appetizer and the Singapore Street Noodles (they have since changed the name) for my entree. One serving of lettuce wraps has 67 grams of carbs! Those wraps are loaded with sugar.
I had to come up with an alternative that is still tasty.
Why Are PF Changs Lettuce Wraps So High in Carbs?
Sugar. Many of the ingredients are loaded in sugar. The main culprit is hoisin sauce. Most recipes use about 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce. This equates to 36 grams of net carbs. If the wraps from PF Changs have 67 grams of carbs, then you can bet they are loading their sauce with a LOT more sugar.
What can I substitute for hoisin sauce?
You can make your own hoisin using natural peanut butter, zero-calorie Swerve sweetener, soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame seed oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How Many Calories Do PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Have?
The PF Chang’s lettuce wraps have 660 calories, per their website. The site doesn’t specify how many servings this denotes.
What Can I Put In Lettuce Wraps?
How Do You Make PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps?
You will need lettuce wraps (see note below), the ingredients for homemade hoisin (see above), rice wine vinegar, water chestnuts, green onions, and soy sauce. Combine the ingredients in a skillet. Serve over lettuce wraps.
What sauce is in PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps?
The base of the sauce is hoisin sauce and rice wine vinegar.
What Lettuce is Best For Wraps?
If you would like the wraps to look like they do in the restaurant, you will need to use bibb or butter lettuce. Butter lettuce is really small and perfect if you are going to use the wraps as an appetizer. Whole Foods is the only store I consistently see butter lettuce. With other supermarkets it is very hit or miss for me.
I often turn my lettuce wraps into a main dish. I love to use romaine lettuce for main dish wraps. Romaine is larger and longer than bibb/butter lettuce. It can also withstand more filling. Because this recipe has sauce, you will need to be careful with overfilling the lettuce. Romaine makes it much easier to work with.
These lettuce wraps can be great for meal prep. Pack your lettuce in Ziploc bags (air-tight) and place your chicken filling in this Freezer-Friendly Tupperware from Amazon. You can even freeze this dish for future use!
More Keto Recipes
Easy, Keto Low-Carb PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Video
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup canned water chestnuts, chopped (omit if strict keto)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 head butter/bibb lettuce You can use larger, leafy lettuce like romaine if you wish
Homemade Hoisin Sauce
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce I prefer low-sodium soy sauce. Can also use coconut aminos.
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter I use Smucker's Natural
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar Be sure to use regular rice wine vinegar for keto and low-carb. Seasoned rice wine vinegar has added sugar.
- 1 tablespoon zero-calorie sweetener I use Swerve
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Homemade Hoisin Sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
Lettuce Wrap Filling
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a spatula or large spoon to break down the ground chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken has browned. If needed, drain excess fat.
- Add the regular onions. Cook for 2 minutes or until the onions become fragrant.
- Add in the homemade hoisin, water chestnuts and green onions. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Load the filling into the lettuce. Top with green onions.