Low-Carb Keto Cauliflower Vegetable Fried Rice with Chicken is a healthy, paleo protein recipe with chicken, garlic, onions, and loaded with flavor. This dish is perfect for meal prep and weeknight dinner. Takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Low-Carb, paleo cauliflower fried rice with chicken was a recent experiment because I’ve seen so many recipes using cauliflower lately. I follow an account on Instagram that posts new and great Trader Joe’s items (all of Trader Joe’s items are great, though, right?). I saw the riced cauliflower posted a couple of months ago. I made a mental note I would need to test it out at some point. I am so glad I did!
Calories: 197 Fat: 8G Net Carbs: 6G Protein: 23G
My Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice is one of my favorites. I switched that recipe up slightly and added the riced cauliflower in place of brown rice and swapped the shrimp for chicken. This recipe also isn’t as spicy. Using the cauliflower saves 31 grams of carbs.
I LOVE that Trader Joe’s makes it easy. I saved so much time buying it ready-made.
Pin this recipe for later here.
Low-Carb Paleo Cauliflower Vegetable Fried Rice with Chicken
- 12 oz skinless chicken breasts
- 2 packages Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower (32oz total)
- 2 medium eggs
- 6 tablespoons Egg Beaters egg whites I used Southwestern Style
- ½ onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp cilantro optional
- Cut the chicken breasts into small chunks, about an inch each.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken on both sides for 5-6 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Scramble the eggs in the wok. Be careful not to over-cook the eggs.
- Remove the eggs from the wok and set aside on a plate.
- Add the sesame oil to the wok. Then add the garlic, onions, green onions, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook briefly until fragrant.
- Add the riced cauliflower and cook for 3-4 minutes until it becomes soft.
- Add the fish and soy sauce and juice of lime, and stir.
- Add the cooked eggs and chicken. Blend well. Sprinkle with cilantro.