Keto Low-Carb Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and easy stir fry recipe with riced cauliflower and only 6 net carbs. Feel free to substitute shrimp if you wish!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and has since been updated.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Can I eat fried rice on the keto diet? A common question I see is what makes the best substitute for keto rice. The best low carb rice uses cauliflower.
Can I Eat Cauliflower on the Keto Diet?
Everyone is looking for “What can I replace for rice?” Cauliflower is a great replacement because 1 cup has 3 net carbs.
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
I like to buy riced cauliflower. I love the pre-made option from Trader Joe’s.
If you want to make your own cauliflower rice, perform the following:
- Wash and dry a head of cauliflower.
- You can use either a cheese grater or food processor to create the “rice.” If using a cheese grater, use the medium sized holes of a grater. If using a food processor be sure not to over-pulse.
- Add the rice to a wok and saute.
How Does Riced Cauliflower Taste?
It does not taste like standard rice and the texture is different. You can taste the starch in rice, and cauliflower does not have that taste. It has a crunch and will take on the flavor of the ingredients it is paired with.
Is Cauliflower Better For You Than Rice?
From a macros and nutrition facts view, cauliflower is loaded with fiber, vitamins C, K and B6, and potassium. Cauliflower has 25 calories per cup vs. 218 for a cup of cooked brown rice.
How Long Will it Last in the Fridge
The dish will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can You Freeze Cooked Cauliflower Fried Rice?
Yes, freeze it in tightly sealed containers or bags for up to a few months. To reheat, add it to a wok on high heat along with sesame oil.
Popular Keto Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Keto Low-Carb Recipes.
Pin this recipe for later here.
Keto Low-Carb Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
- 12 oz skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 packages Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower (32oz total)
- 1 tablespoons red pepper flakes optional
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro optional
- Cut the chicken breasts into small chunks, about an inch each.
- Heat a skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken on both sides for 5-6 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Scramble the eggs in the wok. Be careful not to over-cook the eggs. Add additional oil or cooking spray if needed.
- Remove the eggs from the wok and set aside on a plate.
- Add the sesame oil to the wok. Then add the garlic, onions, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook briefly until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the riced cauliflower and cook for 3-4 minutes until it becomes soft.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, and lime juice. Stir.
- Add the cooked eggs and chicken. Blend well. Sprinkle with cilantro and chopped green onions.