Easy, Creamy Cauliflower Risotto is a quick keto and low carb recipe prepared using frozen or fresh riced cauliflower. The ingredients include mushrooms, white wine, cream, and I like to toss on shrimp. You can add any protein you wish!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
What is in Cauliflower Risotto
I adapted this recipe from my Instant Pot Risotto. I use dry white wine (I prefer Pinot Grigio), fresh lemon juice, heavy cream, and I like to add fresh spinach. It wilts down easily and is a great way to sneak in a nutritious green vegetable.
What cheese do you use? I like to use Parmesan reggiano cheese because it’s traditionally used in risotto and it’s loaded with tons of flavor.
I also use baby bella mushrooms, but you can use whatever mushrooms you wish.
Frozen Riced Cauliflower
I used frozen cauliflower in this recipe because it’s convenient. You can find it at Trader Joe’s and most standard grocers carry it now as well.
How to Make Fresh Cauliflower Rice
You can take a head of fresh cauliflower and create your own rice if you wish. Chop the cauliflower into pieces and place it in a food processor or you can grate it using a cheese grater. You can read more about How to Make Cauliflower Rice here.
You should weigh the cauliflower and adjust macros if necessary, as this recipe calls for 15oz.
How to Make and Cook Cauliflower Risotto
- Add butter, mushrooms, and onions to a saute pan on medium-high heat.
- Saute until the onions are fragrant and translucent. Add garlic and stir.
- Next, add riced cauliflower, dry white wine, broth, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat to medium and cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and fresh spinach.
Does it Taste Like Risotto?
Taste? Yes, but the texture is different. Cauliflower rice is somewhat firm. You should simmer the cauliflower in broth and wine, which will soften it up. The cream will also give it a creamy texture.
However, it isn’t going to feel exactly like arborio rice, which is used in traditional risotto.
If you find the risotto isn’t creamy enough, add more cream, butter, or parmesan cheese. Feel free to adjust the recipe to fit your needs.
Popular Keto Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Keto Low-Carb Recipes.
Easy, Creamy Cauliflower Risotto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup broth chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Reggiano Cheese shaved or shredded
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter melts, add the chopped mushrooms and onions. Saute until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in the riced cauliflower and stir and ensure it gets coated in butter.
- Add in the white wine, broth, salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Open the lid on the pan and add in the cream, lemon juice, Parmesan Reggiano, and spinach. Stir until equally coated and the cheese melts.
- I used the frozen riced cauliflower from Green Giant. Each package consists of 10oz, I used a package and a half.
- If you use fresh cauliflower, be sure to weigh your serving and adjust the macros if necessary. You may also need to lower the cook time when you simmer to 7-8 minutes.
- If you find the risotto isn’t creamy enough, add more cream, butter, or parmesan cheese. Feel free to adjust the recipe to fit your needs.
- Feel free to toss in cooked shrimp, chicken, or whatever you like. I love to add shrimp.