Easy Keto Low-Carb Pizza Casserole is a quick healthy recipe perfect for meal prep. This dish is baked with cream cheese, pepperoni, and ground beef, a great crustless pizza substitute.
This post was published in 2019. It has since been updated.
The idea for this casserole came to me for a few reasons. For starters, I see a lot of people who are following a keto diet, post that they eat the cheese and toppings off their pizza and they toss out the crust.
This is a huge waste of food, this casserole is BETTER and won’t waste a bunch of food! I also have a thing for casseroles and I have several popular dishes on the site.
If you are looking for a breadless option with no crust that is made without cauliflower, keep scrolling my friend!
- Ground Beef (I use organic, grass-fed)
- Pepperoni (I use uncured, nitrate-free)
- Marinara Sauce (No-sugar added)
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to Make Keto Pizza Casserole
- Combine onions and garlic.
- Add in ground beef and seasoning. Next add cream cheese and marinara.
- Create a binder for the casserole using heavy cream, eggs, and mozzarella.
- Layer the gound beef mixture into a casserole dish.
- Cover with the binder, additional cheese, and pepperoni.
How Many Calories and Carbs
This dish has 449 calories and 4 net carbs per serving.
How Long Will it Last in the Fridge
The casserole will last for 3-4 days (covered) in the refrigerator.
Can You Make the Casserole Ahead of Time?
You can make most of the casserole ahead of time. You can cook the ground beef and the cream cheese and marinara.
If you plan to make the dish ahead I do not recommend you add the cream and eggs. Save that, along with the shredded cheese for right before you bake the dish in the oven.
Is it Freezer Friendly?
Cream isn’t usually an ingredient you want to freeze. I have frozen this casserole, fully cooked. Upon reheating, it was still good, but it did not taste as good as it would if you eat it within a few days.
Casserole Substitution Tips
You can make changes to this dish and switch it up however you like. If you omit the eggs, your casserole will likely fall apart very easily. You can not taste the eggs in this recipe.
- Ground Turkey
- Green Peppers
Pair With these Side Dishes
More Keto Casserole and Popular Recipes
Easy Keto Low-Carb Pizza Casserole
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce I recommend Raos or you can make homemade marinara using the recipe linked above in the blog post.
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni I used uncured, nitrate-free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Add in the garlic and stir.
- Add the cream cheese and marinara. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink and the cream cheese has melted.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, and heavy cream.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking oil spray if it isn't a nonstick pan.
- Add the ground beef mixture to the 9×13 casserole dish.
- Drizzle the egg and cream liquid mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella on top.
- Add the pepperoni.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble. I like for the cheese to brown at the corners of the pan. Mine was ready around 17.
- Cool before serving.
- If your ground beef has a lot of fat, drain it from the pan before adding the cream cheese and marinara.
- Eggs are used as a binder. The dish does not taste like eggs. If you omit the eggs, the casserole will fall apart.
- If you want the pepperoni visible on top of the casserole, be sure to add the pepperoni after you have added the shredded mozzarella.
- The casserole will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Cream isn’t usually an ingredient you want to freeze. I have frozen this casserole, fully cooked. Upon reheating, it was still good, but it did not taste as good as it would if you eat it within a few days.
CASSEROLE SUBSTITUTION TIPSYou can make changes to this dish and switch it up however you like. If you omit the eggs, your casserole will likely fall apart very easily. You can not taste the eggs in this recipe.
- Ground Turkey
- Green Peppers