Keto Low-Carb Fathead Three Cheese Pepperoni Pizza is the best quick and easy healthy recipe that uses almond flour, cream cheese, and mozzarella for the pizza base and crust. Load this practically carb-free pizza with your favorite toppings like marinara pizza sauce and pepperoni. This recipe also includes nutrition macros, calories, and relevant information.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Several months ago I prepared a Fathead Bacon Chicken Alfredo Pizza recipe. This recipe is very similar and is actually a lot easier to make!
Can I Eat Pizza in Keto Diet? Is Thin Crust Pizza Keto?
Yes! An easy way to enjoy pizza on a ketosis lifestyle is to make fathead pizza crust. You make fathead pizza dough as thick or as thin as you like.
What is Fathead Keto?
Fat Head is a documentary. It’s from 2009 and is a direct response to the controversial Super Size Me documentary. The narrator does a couple of experiments. One experiment is to eat a lot of food from McDonald’s in order to disprove the result of the Super Size Me documentary. His second experiment centers around a lipid hypothesis. He goes on a low-sugar, low-starch diet for a month. At the end of the month, he has lowered his cholesterol.
The documentary mentions a pizza that is made using almond flour. This recipe was adapted from the film.
How Do You Make Fathead Dough?
- You will need to microwave mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Next, add almond flour and eggs.
- Stir and combine to form a crust.
- Roll out the crust on a pizza pan using parchment paper.
Fathead Pizza Recipe Tips
- The dough will be really sticky to roll out. Use parchment paper to bake. You can either use really clean hands or a second sheet of parchment paper to roll out the dough. If you roll the dough with your hands, wet them first. This will keep the dough from sticking to your hands and fingers as you roll it out.
- If the batter becomes too thick and hard to stir, microwave for another 15 seconds. This will allow the almond flour to moisten some with the cream cheese and mozzarella.
- Applying melted butter to the pizza crust is awesome, and trust me it tastes amazing.
- For a thinner crust pizza use 3/4 cup almond flour, one egg, and 1 tablespoon of cream cheese as a modification.
Here are more Low Carb Pizza tips.
Feel free to add any of your favorite toppings to this recipe. I added spinach, cheddar parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. There are so many keto-friendly toppings to choose from!
You can add ground beef, sausage, or even make it vegetarian pizza and load it up with veggies!
For storage, I wrapped my pizza tightly in foil and stored it in the fridge. I used the oven to reheat.
You may also enjoy my Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole recipe.
Keto Low-Carb Fathead Three Cheese Pepperoni Pizza
Keto Low-Carb Fathead Pizza Crust
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 1/2 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1-2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning I used 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon butter melted optional
Pizza Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cups Raos marinara sauce
- 20 sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- parsley to garnish optional
- parchment paper
- pizza pan
- pizza slicer
Fathead Pizza Crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large bowl. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave. Add the Italian Seasoning and stir.
- Stir in the almond flour. The mixture may become really thick and difficult to stir. If so, place the bowl back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir. Add in the egg. Stir until the mixture forms crust.
- Spoon the dough onto the parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the dough to help roll out and flatten the dough.
- For extra flavor spread the melted butter over the crust using a cooking brush. (optional)
- Using a fork, poke holes throughout the pizza dough. This will allow the crust to rise.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
Assemble the Pizza and Bake
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Spread the Raos marinara sauce over the pizza crust.
- Add the fresh spinach.
- Add the pepperoni slices throughout. Sprinkle the mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan cheese on the top.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Mine was ready at 8 minutes.
- Cool before serving.