This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Keto Low-Carb Bacon Parmesan Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Avocado Ranch dipping sauce is a quick and easy recipe perfect for tenders, strips, or chicken fingers. This dish is ketogenic, great for ketosis, family, and kid-friendly with only 3 grams of carbs per serving! Serve them baked or fried.
Calories: 225 Fat: 13G Net Carbs: 3G Protein: 24G
Does anything really beat bacon? It is so delicious! I figured I would add some bacon to this recipe to give the chicken nuggets a little crunch and of course more flavor.
I have said it before and I will say it again, the keto lifestyle is so easy to adopt because there are so many options. You do have to get creative with your meal planning, but overall, so many recipes can be prepared in a keto-friendly manner.
Most chicken nuggets get a bad wrap these days. Most are loaded with processed food and other potentially dangerous substances. Making your own chicken nuggets from home is definitely a safer route to take.
Now, what about the bacon? Isn’t bacon dangerous for you? Throughout my research, I have noticed one of the biggest threats with bacon is when nitrates and preservatives are involved. I prefer to use uncured, nitrate free bacon for this reason. ButcherBox bacon is uncured and free of added sugar and nitrates. Best of all you can save $15 off your first order and receive FREE BACON for life! Huge win.
The keto lifestyle requires close attention to macros. High fat, moderate protein, and very low carbs are ideal. This chicken nuggets recipe has a healthy amount of fat, a lot of which comes from the avocado, the monounsaturated healthy fat.
You will also gain some fat from the bacon and parmesan cheese.
For the parmesan cheese used in this recipe, I prefer to use block cheese instead of pre-shredded cheese. I use a grater to shred it myself. Pre-shredded cheese has a different consistency and does not work as well in my experience.
This recipe can be substituted with a few different things. For the avocado ranch dipping sauce, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Instead of parmesan cheese, you can use whatever cheese you prefer.
You can also use coconut flour instead of almond flour. It’s all really up to you.
Check out this deal for heritage breed bacon and pork, free-range organic chicken, and 100% grass-fed beef! I have partnered with Butcher Box to deliver exclusive deals for my audience. All of the meat from Butcher Box is certified-free from antibiotics and hormones. It’s also uncured and free of added sugar and nitrates (nitrates are linked to cancer and a huge NO, NO) most importantly it has been taste tested by me, and passes with flying colors!
Here is the kicker, you will receive FREE bacon with every Butcher Box delivery. Yup, that’s right, get FREE bacon, $10 off, and free shipping for all of 2018 when you order your first ButcherBox today! Click here to sign up and get hormone free meat delivered right to your doorstep!
Watch the video here!
Pin and save this recipe to Pinterest for later here.
Keto Low-Carb Bacon Parmesan Crusted Chicken Nuggets
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning more or less to taste if desired
- McCormick's Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil spray I use olive oil
Avocado Ranch Dip
- 1/2 avocado depending on the size of your avocado 3/4 of the halved avocado may work best
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ranch dip seasoning I used Hidden Valley. Add more or less to taste if desired. See recipe notes on how to make your own seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the cooked bacon to a blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds. Add the almond flour and shredded parmesan cheese to the blender. Blend for 30-40 seconds to create a crusted topping. Place the crust mixture in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the Italian Seasoning, chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the bacon and almond flour. Stir well.
- Layer a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the egg to a bowl.
- Dip the chicken cubes in the egg first and then the crust mixture. Place the chicken pieces on the pan with the parchment paper.
- Spray the top of the chicken with cooking oil. Bake for 20-22 minutes until the nuggets are crisp.
- Remove from the oven and cool before serving.
Avocado Ranch Dip
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mash the avocado. Stir and blend well.