Easy, Keto Low-Carb Beef Chili is the best quick recipe that is loaded with spices, seasonings, beef broth, Rotel, and without beans. This hearty chili is made stovetop and is perfect for weeknight dinners or meal prep. Top this with bacon, sour cream, shredded cheese, avocados, or more!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Soups and chili are the best comfort foods for fall and winter. This winter has been incredibly difficult here in the Midwest (and for most of the rest of the country, too). A warm bowl of chili is just what I need. This dish is so easy to make and it’s one of those recipes that is freezer friendly and tastes even better when you reheat the next day.
How to Make Keto Chili with No Beans
- Gather your spices and ingredients. I like to use chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Don’t forget salt and pepper! That is important to season the beef and flavor. Be sure to use organic, no sugar added tomato paste. I like to use this brand from Thrive Market. You will also need onions, garlic, chopped peppers, diced tomatoes and green chilis, and beef broth.
- Add your veggies to a skillet or large pan on medium-high heat. Next add the ground beef.
- Brown the ground beef with the seasonings.
- Add the tomatoes, paste, and broth.
- Simmer and serve warm.
How Many Carbs?
This recipe has 7 net carbs per serving.
What to Use Green Chilis For
I like to use diced tomatoes and green chilies in this recipe for added flavor.
What Type of Beans Can You Put in Chili on a Keto Diet?
Beans are loaded with starch and carbs and are not keto. Trust me, you won’t miss the beans in this recipe! I like really thick and hearty chili. That’s the key to amazing chili with no beans.
How to Thicken
The best way to get thick chili is to not go overboard with liquids. I only use a 1/2 cup of beef broth in this recipe. The remaining liquid comes from the diced chilis and tomatoes and the tomato paste, which will thin out a lot as the chili simmers.
What to Serve With the Dish
I love to serve this with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, and cooked and crumbled bacon. I also love a side of Keto Low-Carb Cornbread.
Is it Freezer Friendly?
Absolutely! Defrost the chili first before reheating. I do not recommend heating from frozen.
You may also enjoy my Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole.
More Keto Soup Recipes
Click here for a full listing of Keto Low-Carb Recipes.
Easy, Keto Low-Carb Beef Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion I like to use white or yellow
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 1 16.5oz can diced tomatoes and green chilis (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup beef broth I grew up eating thick chili vs watery. If you prefer watery, use your judgment to assess if you will need more and start with an additional 1/2 cup.
- 1/4 cup organic, no-added sugar tomato paste (from can) The ingredients should read tomatoes only.
- Heat a skillet or large pot on medium-high heat with the onions, red and green peppers, garlic, and jalapenos. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pot or pan with all of the seasonings.
- Use a spatula or a large spoon to break down the ground beef into small chunks.
- When the beef has browned add the beef broth, sugar-free tomato paste, and diced tomatoes and green chilis. If you are using a skillet you will need to transfer the ground beef to a large pot first. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Lower the heat on the stove to Low. Cover and simmer the chili for 10-15 minutes. Taste the chili repeatedly for flavor. Add additional seasoning as needed.
- Cool before serving.
- Shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, and Parmesan Cheese Crisp Chips.