Easy, Instant Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili is the best, quick pressure cooker recipe with white beans and cream cheese. You can top it with salsa verde, avocado, or any shredded cheese. You can also use dried beans or frozen chicken breasts if preferred.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
White chicken chili is a great comfort food dish for fall and winter. I have been eating this dish for years. If you don’t have an Instant Pot check out my Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe here. I also have a standard Instant Pot Beef Chili recipe. Be sure to check it out, too!
Can You Use Frozen Chicken Breasts for White Chicken Chili?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts. The cook time will remain the same, but the pot will take longer to come to pressure.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot White Chicken Chili?
Yes, store the chili in airtight containers and freeze. I recommend these food storage containers from Amazon.
How to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Healthy and Weight Watchers Friendly
The best way to keep this recipe on the healthy side and Weight Watchers friendly is to make sure you go easy on the dairy. Dairy products can be loaded in fat, and sometimes (not always) the low-fat options have increased sugar. Be sure to read your nutrition labels carefully and keep your portions moderate.
How to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Keto-Friendly
You can follow this recipe exactly but remove the beans. Check out this Keto Instant Pot White Chicken Chili recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Paleo Friendly
The paleo version will be a lot more broth based since you can’t consume dairy and cheese on paleo. Here is a Paleo White Chicken Chili recipe.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Garlic Tuscan Chicken Thighs
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Check out this deal for heritage breed bacon and pork, free-range organic chicken, and 100% grass-fed beef! I have partnered with Butcher Box to deliver exclusive deals for my audience. All of the meat from Butcher Box is certified-free from antibiotics and hormones. It’s also uncured and free of added sugar and nitrates (nitrates are linked to cancer and a huge NO, NO) most importantly it has been taste tested by me, and passes with flying colors!
Here is the kicker, you will receive FREE bacon with every Butcher Box delivery. Yup, that’s right, get FREE bacon, $10 off, and free shipping for all of 2018 when you order your first ButcherBox today! Click here to sign up and get hormone free meat delivered right to your doorstep!
Watch the video!
Easy, Instant Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (1 pound total)
- 1 15.5 oz canned navy beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15.5 oz canned Great Northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15.5 oz canned diced tomatoes and chilis drained
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn I used frozen
- 1 cup shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken Flavor
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper (if spicy is preferred)
- salt and pepper to taste I like to wait until the dish has been prepared to add salt and pepper. That way I can taste repeatedly and adjust accordingly. This results in making sure the dish isn't too salty. You can always add more, you can't take it back when you have used too much.
- Place the Instant Pot on the saute setting. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until both are soft.
- Add the chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Next add the chicken breasts, beans, diced tomatoes, Better than Bouillon and all of the seasonings (I reserve the salt and pepper until the end).
- Close the pot and seal. Cook on Manual High-Pressure for 20 minutes.
- When the pot indicates it has finished, allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes instead of quick release.
- Open the pot and remove the chicken breasts. Shred the breasts using a knife and fork. Return the chicken to the pot.
- Place the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, frozen corn, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the corn is soft and the cheese has melted. If you want creamier chili, add more cream cheese and/or shredded cheese.
- Serve in bowls and load it up with your favorite toppings: additional cheese, sour cream avocado, etc.