Easy Keto Low-Carb Cornbread is a quick recipe that uses almond flour and just a handful of ingredients. Drizzle these homemade slices in warm butter. You can make corn bread muffins using the mix if you wish!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
I grew up eating Southern Soul Food Cornbread. It’s around for Sunday dinner, every single holiday and we always paired it with chili and soups.
Why keto cornbread? Because this recipe is a way to ditch all of those carbs. You will love pairing this with my Keto Low-Carb Chili. You can even use this recipe to make dressing or stuffing, which is plentiful at Thanksgiving and during the holidays.
How to Make Keto Low Carb Cornbread
- Standard baking tactics apply here. You will need to combine your dry ingredients separate from the wet ingredients. Add almond flour, sweetener, and baking powder to a mixing bowl.
- Combine the eggs and butter in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir to form cornbread mix.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat and grease the pan with butter.
- When hot add the batter and smooth.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
How Many Carbs Are in Keto Cornbread?
If you serve this cornbread with 8 generous slices, each slice has 3 net carbs. Feel free to slice it up smaller to adjust the macros.
Is Cornmeal OK for the Keto Diet?
Cornmeal has carbs and isn’t great for ketosis or a ketogenic lifestyle. Almond flour is substituted in this recipe and works great.
Do You Have to Use a Cast Iron Skillet?
No, but traditional cornbread is prepared using a cast iron. A piping hot cast iron skillet will produce cornbread with crisp edges, which is a staple in southern style cornbread.
How to Clean a Cast Iron Skillet
I like to just use kosher salt, water, and dry cloth. Do not soak the skillet. You can read more about How to Clean a Cast Iron here.
How to Store Cornbread
Cover and store the cornbread in the fridge for up to 4 days. It is best served warm.
Can You Substitute Coconut Flour For Almond Flour?
Coconut flour and almond flour do not have a 1:1 ratio. Coconut flour is a lot more dry, you will not be able to do a 1:1 swap in this recipe.
Pair Keto Cornbread With These Recipes
More Keto Recipes
Keto Low-Carb Cornbread
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional Sweetener If you like sweet cornbread use 1/2 cup. If you like a hint of sweetness use 1/4 cup. Omit sweetener if you don't want sweetened cornbread.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, measured solid
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, measured solid to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the melted butter and eggs in a smaller separate bowl. Beat the eggs and mix well.
- Add the butter and egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Because I used a wedge pan, I transferred the batter to a cup with a spout for an easy pour into the skillet.
- Place a cast iron skillet (I used my favorite cast iron cornbread wedge skillet) on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the 1 tablespoon of butter and ensure the pan is fully greased. Adding the cornbread to a hot cast iron skillet will result in cornbread with crispy edges. This is optional, but is the traditional way of making cornbread.
- When the pan is hot and sizzling, pour the cornbread mix in the skillet and smooth the top with a silicone spoon. Transfer to skillet to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick returns clean. Mine was ready right at 20 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- You can also use a 10.25 cast iron skillet in this recipe.
- If you elect not to use a cast iron, you can use an 8×8 baking dish.
- You can also make these as cornbread muffins if you wish.
- You can slice the cornbread into smaller portions to adjust the macros and serving size.