It has been a cold week in Kansas City! Slow-Cooker chili mac is the perfect cure. We have had quite a few days with temperatures less than 30 degrees. Fall and winter are my least favorite times of the year. I absolutely love everything about summer. YES, even the scorching temperatures. There is just something about walking outside at any time of day in a pair of sandals and shorts that makes me feel soooooo good! The cold weather is here and will likely stay for the coming months. For me cold weather means SOUPS. I crave warm, hearty dishes this time of year. This chili mac recipe is the perfect fix.
Calories: 346 Fat: 8G Net Carbs: 34G Protein: 23G
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 10
I always use slow cooker liners. They prevent stuck on food from forming along the rim and base of the pot. Less work!
I was thrilled with how this dish turned out! I added one cup of beef broth because I love using broths for slow cooker recipes. Often, the contents (the meat especially) turn out dry without the addition of a liquid ingredient.
I added chopped parsley and non-fat, plain Greek yogurt as toppings. You can also use reduced-fat sour cream. I love to use plain Greek yogurt because it adds additional protein and is very similar in taste.
Pin this recipe for later here.
Slow Cooker Chili Mac
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 can Rotel Chili Fixins
- 1 15 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans chili beans I used 1 medium and 1 mild as I prefer somewhat spicy
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper omit if you do not prefer spicy
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a large pot over high heat. Cook the macaroni according to package directions.
- While the macaroni cooks, heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and half of the servings of onions and garlic.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Break the beef into smaller chunks.
- Cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- About 10-15 minutes prior to serving, add the cheese to the cooker and stir.
Topping Ideas: non-fat, plain Greek yogurt, reduced-fat sour cream, jalapenos, guacamole