Keto Low-Carb Parmesan Breaded Pan Fried Shrimp is a quick, healthy, and gluten-free recipe that uses almond flour and only a handful of ingredients to make crispy and crunchy shrimp. Toss these shrimp on salads, in tacos, or serve them with sugar-free, low carb cocktail sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Calories: 441 Fat: 31G Net Carbs: 3G Protein: 35G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
I am a seafood lover. I love shrimp in all forms, breaded and fried, shrimp cocktail, pan seared, or grilled you name it! Pair this crunchy fried keto shrimp with my Homemade Keto Cocktail Sauce.
How Much Shrimp Can I Eat on a Keto Diet? How Many Ounces of Shrimp Can I Eat on Keto?
Shrimp, like most meat does not have carbs. It is however high in protein. If you are following a strict keto lifestyle, you should be mindful of your daily macros and how much protein you have consumed, adjust if necessary.
Can You Have Fried Shrimp On Keto?
You can have this fried shrimp! Most of the fried shrimp you find in restaurants, or even the shrimp you may have typically fried at home is breaded with breadcrumbs, panko, or tempura. All of these are loaded in carbs. I created this breading using almond flour and grated parmesan cheese. Feel free to omit the parmesan if you wish! You can also add grated coconut for coconut shrimp!
How to Make Keto Breaded Fried Shrimp
- Combine the almond flour and grated parmesan in a bowl.
- Dip the shrimp in egg and then the almond flour parmesan mixture.
- Heat a skillet with the oils.
- Fry both sides of the shrimp for a few minutes until both sides are crisp.
How Many Carbs Are in Deep Fried Shrimp?
One serving of this fried shrimp has 3 net carbs.
What Goes Well With Keto Shrimp? What Is a Keto Friendly Veggie That Goes With Shrimp?
You can pair just about anything with fried shrimp! I love sauteed zucchini noodles, steamed broccoli or green beans, or even a side salad with Keto Ranch Dressing,
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Keto Low-Carb Parmesan Breaded Pan Fried Shrimp
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp or prawns (peeled and deveined) optional to leave the shells of the tails on or to remove them. The shrimp take on better shape while fried if the tails remain
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 -1 cup blanched almond flour I used Nature's Eats If you remove the tails you will likely need 1 cup, if you leave them on 3/4 cup should work.
- salt and pepper to taste
- seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay) to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Get the recipe for the Keto Sugar-Free Cocktail Sauce here.
- Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, seafood seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl large enough to dredge the shrimp.
- Place the beaten eggs in another bowl.
- Dredge the shrimp in the eggs and then the almond flour mixture. Keep a moist towel nearby to wipe your hands as needed. If your hands are really sticky it will be difficult to keep the breading on the remaining shrimp.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, add the olive oil and butter. Allow the butter to melt and add the shrimp.
- Once you have added the shrimp, try not to move them around much until a crust forms on the bottom of the shrimp. If you move them, you may lose some of the breading.
- Once a crust forms on the bottom of the shrimp and the breading is golden brown, flip the shrimp. This should take about 3-4 minutes. It could be less depending on the size of your shrimp. Monitor the shrimp closely.
- Fry the other side of the shrimp for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan. Cool before serving.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)