Instant Pot Mediterranean Greek Shredded Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl is a quick and easy pressure cooker recipe perfect for meal prep and weeknight dinners! This bowl includes fresh red pepper hummus, tzatziki sauce, and kalamata olives. The chicken breasts are seasoned with turmeric, thyme, and paprika.
Calories: 426 Fat: 17G Net Carbs: 42G Protein: 29G
A couple of weeks ago I spent the weekend in Washington DC. I was there for a concert festival. I had a great time and enjoyed a lot of great food while I was there. During my visit, I tried out a restaraunt, CAVA.
CAVA is a Mediterranean restaurant that kind of has a Chipotle feel. I say that because you order your chicken and rice bowls behind a counter and you can see all of the ingredients and toppings.
I ordered a fresh bowl and loaded it up with toppings like feta cheese, hummus, and tzatziki sauce. My goodness, the food was so good! I went back for another visit right before I boarded my plane to come back to KC.
I enjoyed the meals so much, that I came home to meal prep bowls for the week. I hopped off the plane and scurried to Trader Joe’s to get the ingredients to make my own bowls at home!
You can definitely make your own hummus at home if you prefer. I wanted this recipe to be as quick and easy as possible. So I purchased mine from Trader Joe’s.
Brown rice (not the instant stuff) usually takes 45 minutes or more to make stove-top. You can cut that time in half with the Instant Pot. What isn’t there to love about this machine!
As always, you can make this recipe without the Instant Pot by using a slow-cooker for the chicken (8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High) and by following the package stovetop instructions on the rice.
Pair this dish with Instant Pot Southern Green Beans, Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans, or Air Fryer Asparagus.
Instant Pot Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats
Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Instant Pot Spinach and Sausage Egg Bites
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn with Ham
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
You may also enjoy Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken.
Instant Pot Mediterranean Greek Shredded Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (If you prefer a kick)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons hummus I used Trader Joe's
- 4 tablespoons tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- Season the chicken with the thyme, cumin, turmeric, paprika, red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken to the pot with the chicken broth.
- Cook for 10 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
- When the Instant Pot beeps to indicate it is finished, allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes instead of quick release.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot. Using a large knife and fork, shred the chicken.
- Rinse the brown rice with water in a large bowl. Drain the water from the rice.
- Add the rice to the Instant Pot with 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Cook for 22 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
- Allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes instead of quick release.
- Remove the rice from the pot.
- Create the rice bowls with equal amounts of rice, shredded chicken, olives, 1 tablespoon feta cheese, 1 tablespoon hummus, and 1 tablespoon tzatziki sauce.
Saturday 11th of March 2023
If I use white rice do I shorten the cooking time?
Wednesday 15th of March 2023
Here's a white rice recipe: https://www.staysnatched.com/cilantro-lime-rice/
Tuesday 9th of March 2021
Omg yummy!!!!!!!! Hubby raved tonight, definitely will make again!
Thursday 11th of March 2021
So glad to hear!
Monday 8th of February 2021
What do you have on top of the hummus? Sundried tomatoes? (Pictured)
Monday 8th of February 2021
Probably roasted red peppers, I bought the hummus that way.
Monday 4th of January 2021
SO good! And SO easy! I used this recipe to test drive my instapot and it did not disappoint. Once again Brandi delivers on a quick, easy, tasty recipe that was easy to follow and a hit with the fam! Thanks!
Tuesday 5th of January 2021
Wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed the bowl!
Thursday 11th of June 2020
I made this Mediterranean bowl this week and it was so delicious! Thank you for this recipe!! It's going in my regular meal rotation.
Friday 12th of June 2020
I'm glad you're adding it to the rotation!