This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Dairy-Free Sous Vide Spinach and Chicken Sausage Egg Bites were my second experiment using the Instant Pot for egg bites. Last month, I tried out Low-Carb Bacon Egg Bites. They were amazing!
Calories: 81 Fat: 4G Net Carbs: 1G Protein: 8G
See below for a link to the containers used to create the bites for this recipe.
The first time I made the egg bites I used fat-free cottage cheese in the recipe. The cottage cheese is blended with the remaining ingredients and then added to the egg bite molds. The cottage cheese gives the egg bites a smooth and soft texture. The egg bites in this recipe were intended to be dairy-free, and thus I did not use cottage cheese. Feel free to add it if you are not looking for a dairy-free alternative.
This dairy-free option was inspired by a close friend of mine. She has a dairy allergy. She is often looking for new recipes, especially items for breakfast that do not use dairy.
She recently graduated from a yoga teacher instruction training program. As her graduation gift, I developed this recipe and prepared these egg bites for her. She loved them!
I have said it before and I will say it again, I love egg bites because there are so many variations you can create. I used chicken sausage in this recipe. Feel free to use bacon, ham, Canadian bacon, or whatever you wish! You really cannot go wrong.
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn with Ham
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Have you tried to make hard boiled eggs using your Instant Pot? This steamer from Amazon comes in HANDY!
Pin this recipe for later here.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Dairy-Free Sous Vide Spinach and Chicken Sausage Egg Bites
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 pieces chicken sausage cooked and sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen spinach drained
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Combine the eggs, egg whites, drained spinach, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk well to blend.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Add the trivet (this comes with the Instant Pot).
- Carefully, add the baby-food container to the Pot. I have a 6qt Instant Pot. The baby-food container I used has 9 compartments. This is a tight squeeze! FYI, but it still works out just fine.
- Using a ladle, spoon the egg mixture into each of the compartments of the baby-food container.
- Top with the chopped peppers, onions, and chicken sausage.
- Cover with the baby container lid. I did not snap the lid perfectly in place. I made sure the egg bites were covered.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Set the Instant Pot to the Steam setting. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes, instead of immediate quick release.
- Press the release button, open the pot, and remove the container.
- Allow the egg bites to cool for a few minutes.
- To remove the bites, I carefully pushed up on the bottom of each. From there, each should slide right out.