Calories: 171 Fat: 12G Net Carbs: 3G Protein: 15G
Who says eating healthy has to be a death sentence? There are so many ways to enjoy chips and dip and still keep that waistline in tact. For a cheesy dip like this one, small adjustments go a long way. Whenever I want to lighten-up cheese and other dairy ingredients I go for reduced-fat options. I also substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt. This not only lowers the calorie and fat count, it boosts the protein. Greek yogurt is great for cooking. It also makes a great substitute for buttermilk and whipping cream.
Smoked Cheddar Jalapeño Popper Bacon Cheese Dip
- 4 slices uncured bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 2 cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add the jalapeños. Cook until soft.
- Add the wine to the pan and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients (using only half of the bacon). Reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the cream cheese and shredded cheese have melted.
- Spray a baking or casserole dish with cooking spray. Add the mixture to the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbled bacon over the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Cool before serving.