This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts is a quick and easy, healthy air-fried recipe using grands biscuit dough. Breakfast and desserts are a cinch using the air fryer. These donuts are low-fat with much better macros than deep fried donuts loaded with oil.
Calories: 186 Fat: 9G Net Carbs: 25G Protein: 3G
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. To be honest, I have’t prepared an air fryer dish yet, that wasn’t quick and easy. That is definitely one of the reasons why I love the machine so much.
I frequently use extra-virgin olive oil with my air fryer. I decided to switch it up this time and went with avocado oil. Avocado oil also has a high smoke point, which is great for frying.
I am not a huge baker. Donuts are one the few desserts I love dearly. I typically use a donut mold when I make my own donuts. I will definitely prepare a gluten-free version next using my mold. Check out my Pan Fried Donuts recipe.
Because I typically use a mold, I don’t have a biscuit cutter. I used the scoop from a cannister of powdered protein. It worked perfectly. A great example of how great putting things to use around the house can be.
Make holes in the biscuit dough, create donuts, and throw them in the air fryer.
You can choose to top these dounts with anything you like!
For extended use, store the donuts in sealable, plastic bags. If you want the donuts to stay crisp, reheat using the air fryer. This will bring back the crunch.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Homemade Pop Tarts
Air Fryer Southern Style Pork Chops
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Old Bay Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Pin this recipe for later here.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 8 oz can of biscuits
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons stevia 1/4 cup of table sugar can be substituted
- cooking oil spray I used avocado oil
- Lay the biscuits on a flat surface. Use a small circle cookie cutter or a biscuit cutter to cut holes in the middle of the biscuits. I actually used a protein powder scoop 🙂
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
- Place the donuts in the air fryer. Spray the donuts with oil. Do not stack the donuts. Cook in two batches if needed.
- Cook for 4 minutes on 360 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and flip the donuts. Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Repeat for the remaining donuts.
- Spritz the donuts with additional oil.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar to separate bowls.
- Dip the donuts in the cinnamon and sugar. Serve!