These Baked Turkey Sliders on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls are loaded with gooey swiss and mozzarella cheese and can be baked or made using your air fryer. Serve these using leftover turkey or deli meat.
This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe works wonderfully if you are looking to serve slider sandwiches for a party or gathering…or if you need a tasty lunch….or if you have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving you need to use up. Grab your deli meat or leftovers because everyone will love these.
What Cheese Goes Best With Turkey?
My favorites are swiss and mozzarella. You can also use cheddar, provolone, Colby jack, gouda, or whatever you like. You will need mozzarella if you are looking for a good cheese pull!
The No-Dairy Classic Gravy from Primal Kitchen is the perfect addition to add a little glaze to these sliders, especially if you are making them with leftovers! The gravy is USDA Organic, made with free-range turkey bone broth and without dairy, gluten, grains, or soy. It’s also Certified Paleo, Keto Certified, Whole30 Approved®.
The flavor in these sliders comes from the well-seasoned buns! They are glazed with the Avocado Oil from Primal Kitchen, Everything but the Bagel Seasoning, garlic powder, and minced onions. The avocado oil is a high-heat cooking oil, perfect for baking, and loaded with monounsaturated fats. Use Discount Code STAYSNATCHED for savings.
What Type of Buns to Use
You can use any small, slider buns you like. I love to use Hawaiian sweet rolls because the combination of flavors with the turkey and cheese is so good.
How to Season the Bun
I create a topping to drizzle over the buns for extra flavor. You will need oil, I use the avocado oil from Primal Kitchen, along with minced onion, garlic powder, and Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. A lot of times, Everything But the Bagel Seasoning has minced onion, but I like to add more for additional flavor.
How to Make Turkey Sliders
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Remove the Hawaiian Rolls from the packaging and slice.
- Load the buns with gravy, sliced cheese, and turkey.
- Combine oil, garlic powder, dried minced onion, and Everything but the Bagel Seasoning in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the top of the buns.
- Bake or air fry.
Cook Time/How Long to Cook
To bake these, you will need 15-20 minutes. You want to ensure the cheese has melted, but you don’t want the top bun to over-brown.
With air frying you need around 5 minutes.
How to Reheat Sliced Turkey
The easiest and best way to reheat turkey is to cover it in broth first. From there you can microwave it until it’s warm. You can also warm it in the oven on 350 degrees, covered in broth until warm.
What to Serve With Turkey Sliders
More Leftovers and Turkey Recipes
Turkey and Cheese Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Classic Gravy
- 4-5 oz slices of mozzarella cheese
- 4-5 oz slices of swiss cheese
- 12 oz sliced turkey
- 1 tablespoons Primal Kitchen avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion Adjust to your taste, I prefer a little more onion flavor.
- 1 teaspoon Everything But the Bagel Seasoning Optional
- cooking oil spray
- Remove the Hawaiian Rolls from the packaging and slice the entire set of rolls in half (horizontally) so that you have 2 separate sections, the top and bottom half of the rolls. I use a serrated bread knife.
- Spread the Primal Kitchen Turkey Gravy throughout the bottom portion of the rolls and place the bottom rolls in the baking dish.
- Top with the sliced turkey and cheese. Place the top half of the rolls over the turkey and cheese.
- Combine the Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, garlic powder, dried minced onion, and Everything but the Bagel Seasoning in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the top of the buns.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted. Be careful not to overbrown.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil spray.
- Air fry for 3-7 minutes on 370 degrees. Keep a close eye to ensure the buns don't over-brown.