Sheet pan chicken and sweet potatoes are just what I need after the week I just had. I had a busy week, followed by a jammed packed weekend. Sheet pan dinners are the perfect cure. The meals are usually quick to prepare and also require a lot less clean up. This is a great perk for times when I am strapped for time, or just in the mood to be lazy!
Calories: 235 Fat: 4G Net Carbs: 13G Protein: 31G
This dish is a sweet and savory combination. The olive oil and cinnamon are amazing on the sweet potatoes!
Juicy chicken…yes please!
Sheet pan dinners are like slow-cooker and Crockpot meals for me. You can pretty much throw all of your ingredients onto a sheet pan and then set it and forget it. There’s also very little mess to clean up with just one pan.
The chicken marinade I use here is very similar to what I use for my grilled chicken. Using the McCormick’s Grill Mates BBQ seasoning gives the chicken a zesty flavor and upgrades it from tasting like basic, oven-baked chicken.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the chicken. Season the chicken with the BBQ seasoning, chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken in a Ziploc bag and add to the fridge while prepping the veggies.
- Add the sliced sweet potatoes to a bowl. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle cinnamon throughout.
- Add foil to a sheet pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- Spread the sweet potatoes and chicken onto the sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven. Flip the chicken and sweet potatoes to the other side.
- Add the brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the pan to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the food to cool.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board horizontally. Slice the chicken into small pieces.