Sheet Pan Almond Crusted Chicken Stuffed With Smoked Cheddar and Bacon is just what I need right now. I have leftover bacon and smoked cheddar cheese from my Smoked Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Dip recipe that I would like to use. I have also become a sheet pan connoisseur as of late. 🙂 I have created at least one dish a week for the last month. I am truly addicted! Another great thing about this dish is that it’s low-carb, with only 6 grams, net. Although, this dish is breaded, using the almond meal really helps with the overall macros here. Almonds are low in carbs.
Calories: 361 Fat: 20G Net Carbs: 6G Protein: 37G
After baking the chicken for 20 minutes, covered, remove the chicken and add the veggies to the pan. Bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
Here are other stuffed dish recipes you should definitely check out:
Sheet Pan Almond Crusted Chicken with Smoked Cheddar and Bacon
- 16 oz skinless chicken breasts
- 2 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup smoked cheddar shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 slices nitrate-free, uncured bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup almond meal I used Trader Joe's Just Almond Meal
- 2 tbsp non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- McCormicks Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make cuts/slices into each of the chicken breasts, without cutting through the entire breast.
- Combine the almond meal and seasonings into a bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the olive oil and then coat with the almond meal mixture.
- Place the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften. Combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, smoked cheddar cheese, and bacon in a bowl.
- Stuff the cheese and bacon mixture into each of the slits in the chicken.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and paprika over the top.
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray. Add the chicken the pan. Cover with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper. Add the veggies to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- Allow to cool before serving.