Who says eating healthy has to be a death sentence? There are so many ways to enjoy chips and dip and still keep that waistline in tact. For a cheesy dip like this one, small adjustments go a long way. Whenever I want to lighten-up cheese and other dairy ingredients I go for reduced-fat options. I also substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt. This not only lowers the calorie and fat count, it boosts the protein. Greek yogurt is great for cooking. It also makes a great substitute for buttermilk and whipping cream.
Smoked Cheddar Jalapeño Popper Bacon Cheese Dip
- 4 slices uncured bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 2 cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add the jalapeños. Cook until soft.
- Add the wine to the pan and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients (using only half of the bacon). Reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the cream cheese and shredded cheese have melted.
- Spray a baking or casserole dish with cooking spray. Add the mixture to the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbled bacon over the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Cool before serving.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
Definitely, check out these awesome spring recipes from a few fellow food bloggers.
Hello Spring Collab Recipes
March 20th National Ravioli Day
Biscuits & Savvy Spinach Ravioli with Ricotta Bacon Filling
March 25th National Waffle Day
My Forking Life Cinnabon Waffles
March 27th National World Whiskey Day
Taste of Kay Brown Girl Lemonade
March 30th National Turkey Neck Soup Day
LeShe Style Smoked Turkey Neck Soup