This Instant Pot Corned Beef Reuben Sandwich is an easy pressure cooker recipe with braised corned beef brisket. These sandwiches are great to enjoy as leftovers to the St. Patrick’s Day holiday or for a quick weeknight dinner. This sandwich is loaded with sauerkraut, thousand island dressing on toasted rye bread.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Most years around St. Patrick’s Day I make Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage. This dish is amazing in the Instant Pot!
First, you toast rye bread. You can either use a toaster or do this in a skillet. If you use a skillet, spray it with olive oil over medium-high heat. You can add the cheese slices on top of one of the bread slices so that the cheese melts while the bread toasts.
Next, load up your corned beef brisket.
From there, add the sauerkrout.
Then, spread thousand island dressing on the other toasted side of the bread. Top the sandwich. VOILA! That was pretty quick and easy, right?
Just look at that yummy dressing oozing from the side of this sandwich!
I love to make reuben sandwiches using the leftover corned beef. These sandwiches are such a tasty treat.
Instant Pot Corned Beef Reuben Sandwich
- sliced rye bread
- 1-2 tablespoons sauerkraut for each sandwich
- 1 tablespoons thousand island dressing for each sandwich
- 2 slices swiss cheese for each sandwich
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot. This is the metal component that comes with the Instant Pot
- Add the corned beef, chicken broth, onions, and garlic to the pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Cook for 90 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
- Do not perform a quick release when the Instant Pot indicates it is finished. Allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Release the steam. Open the pot and remove the beef. Set aside to cool.
- Using two forks, shred the beef.
- Toast the rye bread.
- Add the Swiss cheese on top of one of the bread slices while the toasted bread is still hot so that it melts.
- Next, add the shredded corned beef. Then top with sauerkraut.
- Spread the Thousand Island dressing on the other slice of bread. Top the sandwich.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
Instant Pot Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats
Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Instant Pot Spinach and Sausage Egg Bites
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn with Ham
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta