This Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe is a delicious slice of sunshine! Bursting with juicy blueberries, tangy lemon flavor, and wholesome ingredients, this bread is a sugar-free treat that your taste buds will love.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This post was originally published in 2020. It has since been updated.
What Type of Sweetener to Use
I use zero calorie and zero carb monkfruit sweetener. It’s natural and doesn’t have any artificial ingredients. It measures 1:1 like refined sugar. I use the granulated sweetener, but the baking sweetener works well, too.
If you use stevia, you can follow your standard conversion calculation for how you would convert table sugar.
If you want to use table sugar, you can use the same amount noted in this recipe.
Ingredients like honey and pure maple syrup can be used in this recipe. You can use 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup or adjust to taste.
How to Make Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease the pan.
Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sweetener .
Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice. Mix.
Add dry ingredients (almond flour, salt, baking powder) to a separate bowl and stir.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix.
Fold in the blueberries.
Pour the mix into the loaf pan.
Can You Use Frozen Blueberries?
Yes you can use frozen. Do not defrost.
How to Zest a Lemon
I use this lemon zester from Amazon. You can also use a box/cheese grater. If using the zester hold it one hand and the lemon in the other. Graze the lemon over it, away from you and back and forth. You can read more about How to Zest a Lemon here.
Can You Substitute Coconut Flour for Almond Flour?
No, coconut flour is not interchangeable. It absorbs moisture much differently than almond flour.
How to Make it Gluten-Free
Use gluten-free baking powder.
How Long Will the Bread Last
It will last covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Store the bread in the freezer tightly covered for up to 6 months. Defrost at room temperature.
More Blueberry Recipes
Healthy Blueberry Crisp
Keto Blueberry Muffins
Keto Blueberry Oatmeal
Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
More Sugar Free Dessert Recipes
Sugar Free Zucchini Bread
Sugar Free Cheesecake
Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcakes
Sugar Free Pound Cake
Sugar Free Cookie Dough
Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cups zero calorie sweetener
- 4 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest This amount of zest provides bold lemon flavor. If you prefer a slight lemon taste, use 1 tablespoon.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries See notes for frozen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease the pan.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, and sweetener to a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer or standing mixer until the butter and sweetener is smooth.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice. Mix.
- Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, salt, baking powder) to a separate bowl and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, the top of the bread will start to brown quickly. Cover the pan with foil, loosely. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Test by using a toothpick, if it returns clean the bread has finished baking.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- You can substitute frozen blueberries. Do not defrost.
- You can substitute coconut oil for butter. It will impact the taste.
- If you use stevia, you can follow your standard conversion calculation for how you would convert table sugar.
- Use gluten-free baking powder to keep it gluten-free.
- Feel free to make these into muffins.
Tuesday 22nd of February 2022
This was my first keto dessert recipe and it did not disappoint. I have been hesitant to use sugar substitute for baking. The taste and texture were “spot on.” I did have to bake it a bit longer. This recipe is a keeper, thank you.
Sunday 27th of February 2022
I'm glad the flavor was spot on!
Friday 18th of February 2022
just made this and I so wish the recipes who state what size pans they use. I have a feeling I am going to have a mess . I uses a standard 9x5 bread pan? I have wasted so many ingredients because of this. Please state this in directions. thanks it does seem like a great recipe.
Friday 18th of February 2022
The pan I use is linked for you in the recipe card, click the link.
Saturday 7th of August 2021
What’s the nutrition facts of his recipe
Thursday 12th of August 2021
They are listed in the recipe card.
Sunday 13th of June 2021
What are the baking instructions if you choose to make muffins?
Wednesday 16th of June 2021
You should make my muffins recipe. You can google stay snatched keto blueberry muffins.
Monday 31st of May 2021
Do you know how many carbs are in a serving?
Friday 11th of June 2021
It's listed for you in the recipe card.