This Easy Keto Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread is made with almond flour, fresh fruit, and is the sweet bread for breakfast or dessert. Make them into muffins if you wish!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Are Blueberries Keto?
Berries like blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries have the least amount of sugar in comparison to other fruits. That makes berries perfect for a keto lifestyle. They are pretty easy to fit into macros.
How to Make Keto Lemon Blueberry Bread
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease the pan.
Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sweetener .
Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice. Mix.
Add dry ingredients (almond flour, salt, baking powder) to a separate bowl and stir.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix.
Fold in the blueberries.
Pour the mix into the loaf pan.
Can You Use Frozen Blueberries?
Yes you can use frozen. Do not defrost.
How to Zest a Lemon
I use this lemon zester from Amazon. You can also use a box/cheese grater. If using the zester hold it one hand and the lemon in the other. Graze the lemon over it, away from you and back and forth. You can read more about How to Zest a Lemon here.
Can You Substitute Coconut Flour for Almond Flour?
No, coconut flour is not interchangeable. It absorbs moisture much differently than almond flour.
What Sweetener to Use
I use zero calorie and zero carb monkfruit sweetener. It’s natural and doesn’t have any artificial ingredients. It measures 1:1 like refined sugar. I use the granulated sweetener, but the baking sweetener works well, too.
If you use stevia, you can follow your standard conversion calculation for how you would convert table sugar.
If you want to use table sugar, you can use the same amount noted in this recipe.
Ingredients like honey and pure maple syrup aren’t keto, but can be used in this recipe. You can use 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup.
How to Make it Gluten-Free
How Long Will the Bread Last
It will last covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Store the bread in the freezer tightly covered for up to 6 months. Defrost at room temperature.
More Blueberry Recipes
More Keto Dessert Recipes
More Keto Bread Recipes
Easy Keto Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cups zero calorie sweetener
- 4 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest This amount of zest provides bold lemon flavor. If you prefer a slight lemon taste, use 1 tablespoon.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries See notes for frozen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease the pan.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice. Mix.
- Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, salt, baking powder) to a separate bowl and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, the top of the bread will start to brown quickly. Cover the pan with foil, loosely. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Test by using a toothpick, if it returns clean the bread has finished baking.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- You can substitute frozen blueberries. Do not defrost.
- You can substitute coconut oil for butter. It will impact the taste.
- If you use stevia, you can follow your standard conversion calculation for how you would convert table sugar.
- Use gluten-free baking powder to keep it gluten-free.
- Feel free to make these into muffins.