Healthy sheet pan chicken parmesan and broccoli is my way of enjoying typical chicken parm while ditching the carbs for fresh, roasted veggies. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my carbs. This dish would pair perfectly with a side of whole wheat pasta as well. Feel free to add pasta. I opted to exclude the pasta this time around. Lately, I have been taking full advantage of the flexibility I have to eat healthy regularly, while indulging WHENEVER I feel the need. 🙂 To compensate, I adjust my weekly meals accordingly.
To say sheet pan meals have been a recent obsession of mine would be an understatement. I feel like I have been dreaming about sheet pan meals to create. I have yet to see a chicken parmesan creation. Let’s hope Stay Snatched is the first!
Calories: 378 Fat: 15G Net Carbs: 15G Protein: 34G
Here are other quick and easy sheet pan meals you may enjoy:
The white wine and basil really bring out the amazing flavor in this marinara recipe. I seriously never go wrong whenever I add wine to a dish.
You will likely have a little extra marinara and mozzarella cheese left over. If you plan to eat leftovers, KEEP IT! I I drizzled the additional marinara and cheese in my Tupperware. This comes in handy during the reheating process. Helps ensure your chicken doesn’t dry out and isn’t bland.
Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan and Broccoli
- 2 skinless chicken breasts 16 oz
- 1 cup mozarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- t tsp butter
- McCormick's Grill Mate Montreal Chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan heat olive oil and add onions and garlic cook until tender. Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and wine. Top with the bay leaf.
- Cook for 20 minutes on low. Remove the bay leaf.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- While the marinara cooks, combine breadcrumbs, seasonings and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave in another bowl. Brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken on the sheet pan and repeat with the remaining chicken breast.
- Spray cooking spray on top of each breast. Cover the pan with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon the marinara sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the broccoli and peppers throughout the sheet pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10 more minutes (uncovered) or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool before serving.