This Easy Almond Butter Protein Smoothie Bowl is made with frozen and fresh berries, fruit, and protein powder. It’s super thick and loaded with healthy toppings.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe was originally published in 2017. It has since been updated.
Are Smoothie Bowls Healthy?
Most smoothie bowls and smoothies are inherently healthy because they are made with real food ingredients, typically fruit and vegetables. You have to pay close attention to the types of fruit and veggies you use if you are conscious about macros and sugar intake.
Some smoothies and smoothie bowls are loaded with sugar simply because of the amount of fruit used in the recipe.
How to Make a Smoothie Bowl
- Add almond milk, Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, protein powder, and almond butter to a blender. Blend.
- Add the smoothie to a bowl and add toppings.
How to Get a Thick Consistency
Frozen fruit is a must if you want to thicken bowl. While testing I noticed that blending fresh fruit along with yogurt resulted in a watery consistency. Using bananas will also help a ton. In general, limit the number of liquids used.
Another tip is to add ice.
Smoothie Bowl Toppings Ideas
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Almond Butter
- Chia seeds
- Coconut Flakes
- Hemp Seeds
What Type of Protein To Use
You can use any powdered protein you like and any flavor you wish. I typically use collagen from Primal Kitchen.
More Breakfast Recipes
Easy Almond Butter Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons granola
- Add the almond milk, Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, protein powder, and almond butter to a blender. Blend until the contents are fully blended.
- Add the smoothie to a bowl.
- Top with the fresh fruit, granola, nuts, and pecans.
- Drizzle honey throughout.