Air Fryer Roasted Crispy Fried Balsamic Brussels Sprouts is a quick and easy keto recipe with balsamic vinegar glaze and red onions. This post includes temperature and details for how long to cook brussels sprouts. This vegetable side dish only takes minutes to make using fresh or frozen brussels sprouts. Drizzle the veggies with honey or sprinkle with parmesan if you wish!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Do you cringe when you hear the word brussels sprouts? Please don’t! They are so yummy. What do brussels sprouts taste like? They are soft and crunchy and have a slight bitter taste. I like to think of them as baby cabbages. If you like cabbage, you may love brussels sprouts!
How to Cook Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- You will first need to wash and dry the brussels sprouts.
- Then slice each of the sprouts into halves. Slice half an onion (I love red) into smaller slices.
- Add the brussels sprouts and sliced onions to a large bowl. Drizzle balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper throughout. Toss.
- Add the brussels to an air fryer basket and air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I use 350 degrees for brussels sprouts.
How Long to Cook/Cook Time
8-10 minutes is a good time for crispy brussels sprouts. You will want to monitor them to ensure they do not overcook. Mine were perfect right at 10 minutes.
How to Make Them From Frozen
In general, fresh brussels sprouts will work so much better. If you use frozen brussels you will have to cook them first (using the same temperature).
After the brussels are no longer frozen, then add the balsamic vinegar and seasonings and place the brussels back into the air fryer. The brussels may need up to 12-minutes to cook, but use your judgment.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Pin this recipe for later here.
Air Fryer Crispy Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 -2 cups fresh brussels sprouts each sliced in half
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the brussels sprouts and sliced red onions to a bowl. Drizzle olive oil (or spray cooking oil) and balsamic vinegar throughout.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Stir to evenly coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Add the brussels sprouts and onions. I was able to add the entire amount to the basket without needing to cook in batches. I have the 5 quart Power Air Fryer. Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary for your air fryer model.
- Cook for 5 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and shake or toss the veggies with tongs.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. At 8 minutes mine were slightly charred but still soft. Right at 10 minutes, mine were crisp. Every air fryer brand cooks differently. Use your judgment to assess the optimal cook time.
- Cool before serving.