This Avocado Cilantro Lime Toast is topped with a poached egg for the perfect breakfast!
Avocado Health Benefits
Avocados are loaded with healthy, monounsaturated fat. According to the American Heart Association, monounsaturated fats can help reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood which can lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
They also provide nutrients to help develop and maintain the body’s cells. Avocados are high in calories due to the increased monounsaturated fat. It is important to understand why avocados have high calories. Often, people skip over avocado because of the amount of calories without considering the overall nutritional value and benefits.
More Breakfast Recipes
Avocado Cilantro Lime Toast with Poached Egg
- 1 slice bread Toasted
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1 poached egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the slice of bread.
- Mash the avocado with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Using an egg poacher, prepare the egg.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toast.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and cilantro over the toast.
- Top with the poached egg.