This avocado cilantro lime toast with poached egg recipe is inspired by a close friend of mine who shares my love for avocado. One of my favorite ways to eat toast is with avocado. Avocados are loaded with healthy, monounsaturated fat. According to the American Heart Association, monounsaturated fats can help reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood which can lower the risk of heart disease and stroke. They also provide nutrients to help develop and maintain the body’s cells. Avocados are high in calories due to the increased monounsaturated fat. It is important to understand why avocados have high calories. Often, people skip over avocado because of the amount calories without considering the overall nutritional value and benefits.
Calories: 236 Fat: 14G Net Carbs: 22G Protein: 13G
I purchased the fresh, pre-chopped cilantro at my local grocery store. Perfect meal prep hack! This saves time without having to wash and chop.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Toast with Poached Egg
- 1 slice 100% whole wheat bread toasted
- 1/3 of an avocado half mashed
- 1 egg poached
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- ½ lime juice of
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the slice of bread.
- Mash the avocado with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Using an egg poacher, prepare the egg.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toast.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and cilantro over the toast.
- Top with the poached egg.