The weather is changing and it’s perfect timing for chicken, bacon and potato slow cooker soup. Fall and soup season is here! Tis the season to also take full advantage of my crock pot. This recipe combines a few of my favorites: chicken, bacon, and of course potatoes. I am a huge potato lover. Mashed, scalloped, baked, stuffed, I love them in all variations. I used red potatoes here because they are my favorite and have additional nutrients. This recipe makes a perfect, protein and veggies packed soup.
Calories: 327 Fat: 5G Net Carbs: 24G Protein: 32G
I picked up crinkle cut carrots to save time on washing and chopping them myself.
Trader Joe’s Nitrate-Free bacon is my favorite! I can enjoy bacon without the harmful additives found in most bacon.
Chicken, Bacon, and Potato Crock Pot Soup
- 1 ½ pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 5 red potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 slices Trader Joe's uncured nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups carrots
- 4 cups spinach
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning salt, and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the cooked and crumbled bacon, minced garlic, and chopped onions.
- Cook until the garlic and onions become fragrant.
- Remove from the skillet and add to the crock pot.
- Season the chicken breasts.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the crock pot, ensuring the bay leaf is on top.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken and bay leaf from the crock pot.
- Shred the chicken and return to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with parsley.