This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
[themify_box style=”black announcement”]
This truffle oil, mushroom, and onion grilled burger recipe can be filed away in the Treat Yourself category. After making Sweet Potato Fries with Truffle Oil Aioli, I was set on coming up with more recipes using truffle oil. With summer coming to an end I also wanted to fire up the grill. A truffle oil burger seemed like the perfect choice!
Calories: 471 Fat: 24G Net Carbs: 34G Protein: 39G
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B007D7OUE0″ locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
Here is the white truffle oil used in this recipe.
I say this is in the Treat Yourself category because we all deserve a reward from time to time, especially when we are working hard! I workout regularly, meal prep every week and try to do other small things to stay on the path to an overall healthy lifestyle. Rewarding myself helps to keep me on that path.
There are a lot of ways this recipe can be lightened up if you choose that route. First, the choice of bun you use is key. I went with kaiser rolls, but alternatives include whole wheat hamburger buns, sandwich thins, or even bread slices.
I went with 93% lean ground beef for these burgers. You can go even leaner, up to 99%! So that is another option.
Don’t have a grill? These burgers are amazing pan-seared as well. This works well if you do not venture out into the cold temperatures to grill during the winter months, too.
Pin Me 🙂
[themify_button style=”small purple” link=”https://www.instagram.com/stay_snatched/”]Follow Stay Snatched on Instagram[/themify_button] [themify_button style=”small purple” link=”https://www.facebook.com/staysnatchedtoo/”]Like Stay Snatched on Facebook[/themify_button] [themify_button style=”small purple” link=”https://www.pinterest.com/staysnatched/”]Follow Stay Snatched on Pinterest[/themify_button]
Truffle Oil Mushroom Onion Grilled Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 kaiser roll buns
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onions sliced
- 2 tsp white truffle oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Burger seasoning to taste I use McCormick's Grill Mates or Weber Burger Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp packet Lipton Onion Seasoning mix
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, white truffle oil, burger seasoning, Lipton onion mix, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined. Form 4 patties.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill burgers to preferred doneness and flip to cook on each side.
- Before removing the burger from the grill, top each with the cheese so that it melts as the burger cools.
- Toast the buns on the grill for 1-2 minutes and remove from the grill.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Saute the onions and mushrooms until soft and fragrant. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the burgers with the Truffle Oil Aioli (get the recipe here), fresh spinach, onions, and mushrooms. Serve!