This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Frozen Berry Rose’ Wine (Frose’) Alcoholic Popsicles are the perfect “rose’ all day boozy treat!” These cocktail popsicles are easy to make and include fresh strawberries and raspberries. These ice pops have no added sugar and are only 51 calories each!
Calories: 51 Fat: 0G Net Carbs: 6G Protein: 1G
Here is a link to the mold used to create these popsicles.
I typically prefer my wine red and at room temperature.
But during the summer months, I like to switch it up a bit!
On a 90 degree day my room-temperature malbec, will not cut it! I often turn to rose’ wine because it’s chilled of course! And also because it isn’t overly sweet.
I am not a sweet wine drinker. I prefer that my wine has character. A good rose’ is bold and definitely has a lot of character!
Because I do not care for sweet wine, I did not add any sugar to this recipe. That does not mean that you can’t!
If you plan to add sugar, I recommend adding the sugar before you blend the ingredients. Taste the mixture after blending so that you can determine if you need more. Start small with a teaspoon. Work your way up from there.
If you take my route, the fresh fruit and grapefruit juice results in only 51 calories per popsicle and 6 grams of net carbs.
Have you heard the phrase, “I prefer to drink my calories?”
That isn’t me. While I love a great cocktail, I would much rather eat my calories. With these popsicles, why not have both?
I can eat my calories, and enjoy one of these refreshing popsicles, completely guilt-free.
These popsicles are so easy to make once you have the right mold. The mold above comes with a blue lid that you can place on top. I did not use the lid. I feared the lid would freeze on top.
I didn’t want to have to resort to running hot water over the top to remove the lid and potentially ruining the popsicles. I placed the mold without the lid on a flat surface in my freezer.
If needed, you can make the popsicles in advance. Place the popsicles in sealed Ziploc bags and store the bags in the freezer.
Frozen Berry Rose' Wine (Frose') Alcoholic Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups rose' wine
- 1 cup 100% grapefruit juice
- 2 cups strawberries (divided) I used fresh
- 1 cup raspberries I used fresh
- sugar (optional) I did not add sugar to this recipe. I recommend adding it before you blend the ingredients. Taste the mixture after blending so that you can determine if you need more. Start small with a teaspoon. Work your way up from there.
- Add the rose', grapefruit juice, 1 cup of strawberries, and the raspberries to a blender.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until the fruit has fully blended. The mixture should be foamy.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle mold. Do not fill the molds to the top. You will need room for the fruit.
- Add the strawberry slices to the mold with the liquid. You may have to use a knife or popsicle stick to press the fruit down into the mold.
- If you still have room at the top of the popsicle add in more of the mixture. If you have run out of rose' mixture, top off the molds with rose' or grapefruit juice.
- Freeze for two hours.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and add the popsicle sticks to each. The mixture should be slushy.
- Freeze for an additional 6-8 hours. I did overnight.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and run hot water on the side of each individual mold for ten seconds. This will loosen the popsicles.
- Remove the popsicles and serve immediately.