Easy Bahama Mama is the best drink cocktail recipe made with Bacardi, Malibu, or Captain Morgan coconut rum, pineapple and orange juice, and just a handful of ingredients. This beach cocktail is great year round for any party, gathering or occasion. Serve it mixed and frozen if you wish!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This post was originally published in 2019. It has since been updated.
If you’ve ever taken an island vacation, then you have probably had a Bahama Mama. Or perhaps you have heard the song, Kokomo, “Bermuda Bahama, come on pretty mama…” by the Beach Boys.
Red Lobster and Applebees also have their own infamous Bahama Mama drinks. It’s so easy to whip up yourself at home. I find that people can’t get enough of this alcoholic drink, even during the holiday season!
What is a Bahama Mama
It’s a pretty sweet cocktail. I like to balance out the sweet just a little by adding a little club soda, but that’s completely optional.
It’s a cocktail with a blend of fruit flavors and rum. It’s very popular if you take a cruise or a vacation throughout the Carribean islands.
The cocktail originated from the Bahamas and is rumored to be named after a dancer who went by the name Bahama.
What Does the Drink Taste Like?
It tastes like a refreshing day on the beach. The flavors of the coconut rum are very present. If you aren’t a fan of coconut, you may consider using white rum instead.
What’s in It? Ingredients
How to Make a Bahama Mama Drink
- Add the rum to the pitcher.
- Add in the pineapple juice, grenadine, orange juice, and club soda. Stir.
- Serve the drinks over ice and garnished with cherries and pineapples if you wish.
How Long Will the Cocktails Last? Can it Go Bad?
The juice in the punch is what will go bad first, within days. You can store leftover punch in mason jars. You can freeze it, too!
More Cocktail Recipes
Jungle Juice Recipe
Rum Punch Recipe
Holiday Pomegranate Mimosas
Keto Low Carb Lemon Drop Cocktail
Keto Low Carb Mojitos
Wine Gummy Bears
Frozen Strawberry Margaritas
Raspberry Sorbet Mimosa
Vodka Gimlet Cocktail
Bahama Mama Drink
For a Crowd
- Add all of the ingredients to a pitcher. I like to start by adding the rum first.
- Stir and serve over ice.
- I like to chill the rum in advance, so that the cocktail is served chilled.
- Adjust the ingredients in the recipe to suit your taste. If you like a stronger cocktail, add more rum. If you like sweet cocktails, add more juice.