Easy Rum Punch Recipe is the best quick Jamaican Caribbean cocktail to whip up for a party. This recipe uses a handful of ingredients including coconut rum, dark rum, white rum, and pineapple juice. Double the recipe for a crowd and make it by the gallon!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
No matter what time of year, I feel like I am always asked, “How do you make real rum punch?” This punch is great for summer, but really can please a crowd any time of the year.
What is Rum Punch?
Most people are familiar with or have heard of Jamaican Rum Punch. It’s a fruity rum punch alcoholic drink. There are a few different ways to make it, but there are core ingredients noted below that can be found in most Caribbean rum punch.
Rum Punch Ingredients/What is Rum Punch Made of?
- Coconut Rum: The common brand used is Malibu Coconut Flavored Rum
- Dark Spiced Rum: Common brands are Captain Morgan and Cruzan for budget friendly options
- White Rum: Common brands are Captain Morgan and Cruzan for budget friendly options
- Pineapple Juice: I like to use the actual juice not from concentrate
- Club Soda
If you aren’t a fan of coconut rum, swap it out and substitute for a flavored rum liqueur that meets your preference, such as banana rum.
How to Make Rum Punch
I visit the Caribbean a LOT! And I can say with certainty, no rum punch tastes like the other. They are all different. The largest differences lie in how strong the punch is.
I’ve had really strong punch and I’ve had punch where it was clear there wasn’t much rum and the punch was mostly juice. Decide what your preference is, and keep it in mind while whipping up this punch.
- Add all of the chilled ingredients to a pitcher. For this recipe you will need one that’s at least 75 to 80oz.
- Serve over ice in glasses.
How to Make the Punch for a Party or a Crowd
If you want to make the punch by the gallon for a party or event, double all of the ingredients used in the recipe.
Can the Punch Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make the punch 24 hours ahead of time. Be sure to keep it refrigerated. Wait to garnish the punch with fruit until right before serving.
If you can’t make the punch ahead of time, ensure all of your ingredients are chilled beforehand. That will help a lot.
How Long Will Rum Punch Last? Can it Go Bad?
The juice in the punch is what will go bad first, within days. You can store leftover punch in mason jars. You can freeze it, too!
What is Rum Good to Mix With?
What is a good mix with coconut rum? Any type of juice, especially something tropical like pineapple, orange, or mango.
You can also mix rum with Coke (the most common), ginger ale, tonic, lime juice, or cranberry juice.
You can also make Rum Cake.
More Cocktail Recipes
Easy Rum Punch Recipe
- Rum punch is STRONG. Taste the punch repeatedly and adjust to your liking. Add more pineapple juice to smooth out the taste if you wish. You can also reduce the amount of rum used.
- You can also substitute Grenadine for Hawaiian Punch. This will also dilute the taste of the rum.
- Some rum punch recipes include lime juice. Feel free to add it if you want a splash of zest.
- You can double the punch, every ingredient serving, to make a gallon of punch for a crowd.
- To make just one cocktail, add 1 ounce of each of the rums to a glass with a tablespoon of grenadine. Add pineapple juice to taste and to fit your preference.