Keto Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms in White Wine Cream Sauce is a low-carb healthy, dish that is quick and easy to make. This recipe is loaded with flavor and is perfect for meal prep or weeknight dinners. This dish has parmesan, thyme, basil and a host of other spices.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms in white wine cream sauce is another chicken breast recipe filled with fresh herbs for additional zest. I will be honest. Chicken breasts can be very dry. Without proper preparation, it is incredibly boring to eat.
Over the years I have learned chicken broth is a great way to keep breasts juicy. The combination of red pepper flakes and sun-dried tomatoes here is absolutely perfect. Don’t forget the pre-seasoned cast iron skillet. I love cooking with it because it sears chicken perfectly.
Cal: 314 Fat: 14G Net Carbs: 6G Protein: 39G
This is hands down my favorite chicken dish. Every time I make this dish I tweak the ingredients. I finally think I landed on the perfect recipe. As I was grabbing contents from my fridge I noticed I had leftover wine from the Instant Pot Spinach Lasagna I made on Sunday. I do not drink white wine often. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to ensure the wine does not go to waste. I added a little to this dish. Bold, yet epic move on my part.
The other thing I love about this dish is its LOW CARB. I am always looking for ways to cut carbs, though carbs are my favorite! It is never a bad idea to cut back from time to time. When I choose to cut back I always have to ensure I make or create a dish that will potentially outshine those carbs I am leaving behind! That is a difficult task because let’s face it bread and pasta are amazing.
They are even better when combined into one meal. But I digress because there are ways to successfully cut back and enjoy your meals. This recipe is a great example. The butter-rich cream sauce will keep your chicken juicy throughout the week, which is crucial for meal prep lifestyles.
You may also like my Low Carb Bacon Mushroom Chicken recipe.
My Garlic Tuscan Chicken Thighs recipe is another keto favorite!
Pin Me! 🙂
Pin this recipe for later here.
Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms in White Wine Cream Sauce
- 2 8 oz chicken breasts sliced in half
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 oz chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry, white wine
- 1 tsp flour
- 1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, kosher salt, and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with chicken seasoning, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Melt half of the butter in a cast iron or regular skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add the remaining butter, mushrooms, garlic, and red pepper flakes, and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, white wine, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, thyme, oregano, and basil. Add the flour and stir. This will thicken up the sauce a bit.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool before serving.