This Easy Slow Cooker Homemade Cranberry Sauce is the best recipe flavored with orange and cinnamon. Making cranberry sauce in the Crockpot is so simple. Dump your ingredients into the pot and let it do the work.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Key Recipe Ingredients
- Orange Juice
- Sugar or Sweetener
What Type of Cranberries to Use. Fresh vs Frozen
You can use either fresh or frozen in this recipe. If using frozen you don’t have to defrost them, but I recommend rinsing off any ice crystals if present.
How to Make the Recipe Healthy Without Sugar
You can omit the honey in this recipe and opt for sweetening the sauce solely with something like monkfuit. It’s a fruit extract with zero calories and zero carbs.
How to Make Slow Cooker Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
- Add cranberries, orange juice, honey, sugar or sweetener, and cinnamon to slow cooker.
- Slow cook for 3-4 hours on Low or 7-8 hours on High.
- Remove the sauce and chill/refrigerate.
How to Thicken Cranberry Sauce/Runny Cranberry Sauce
Using granulated sweetener helps with thickening cranberry sauce (it is used in this recipe). The sauce will also thicken after it’s refrigerated.
Cool the Sauce
Allow the sauce to fully cool prior to chilling it.
I allow the sauce to chill for at least 2 hours in advance of serving.
Can You Make it Ahead?
This is the perfect dish to make ahead because properly stored it will last in the fridge for 10-14 days.
How to Store It
Store leftovers tightly covered and sealed in plastic or glass in the refrigerator.
Store the cranberry sauce tightly covered and sealed and it will last up to a year. It keeps it’s optimal freshness for 2 months.
Pair With these Side Dish Recipes
Pair With these Main Dish Recipes
Slow Cooker Turkey Legs
Slow Cooker Turkey Wings
Slow Cooker Boneless Turkey Breast
Smothered Turkey Wings
Baked Crab Legs
Baked Turkey Wings
Southern Baked Ham With Pineapple
Air Fryer Turkey
Air Fryer Baked Ham
Cajun Roasted Turkey
Air Fryer Cornish Hens
More Cranberry Sauce
Slow Cooker Crockpot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker. (You may elect to add the sugar and sweeteners at the end so that you can adjust to taste.)
- Cook on High for 3-4 hours or on Low for 7-8 hours.
- Taste repeatedly and adjust sweetener and spices as necessary.
- Chill for 2 hours to thicken and if you prefer chilled cranberry sauce.